Where physics and guitar collide!

A bit old, but a good little vid from a schoolmate...

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I work at the same place as Dr Lewney, he gave a free talk just before Christmas a couple of years ago - it was great! Turns out he was an undergrad in the same physics department when I was a postdoctoral researcher there, so we probably crossed paths in the corridors many years ago. He did a PhD at Cardiff University where people have studied vibrational modes in acoustic guitars and that kind of thing, although I don’t know if his was actually guitar-related.
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5070
    edited November 2018
    I work at the same place as Dr Lewney, he gave a free talk just before Christmas a couple of years ago - it was great! Turns out he was an undergrad in the same physics department when I was a postdoctoral researcher there, so we probably crossed paths in the corridors many years ago. He did a PhD at Cardiff University where people have studied vibrational modes in acoustic guitars and that kind of thing, although I don’t know if his was actually guitar-related.
    Pretty sure it was lazer holography to examine the vibration of acoustic guitar tops. He's the only person I know who has his own Farriday cage, and suit of armour!
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • When I was at Edinburgh University I briefly met a guy who'd just joined the acoustics group from his PhD in Cardiff in exactly that, so I guessed Mark's was in something similar. I don't see him around much (I'm in a different group and I think he works mainly from home) but we could talk guitars and physics for hours probably.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3614
    "A bit old, but a good little vid from a schoolmate.."

Shocking @littlegreenman. I never realised you went to school.

;-)