My old guitar is semi famous!

What's Hot
DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2171
bbc6 music put a tweet out and one of the top bands to listen to is she drew the gun. I did a double take and thought "that's my old guitar!" 
I ended up selling it for financial reasons but I'm thrilled to see it's out and about being used more than i ever used it! 

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=she+drew+the+gun&client=ms-android-samsung&prmd=vin&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiWr7OChvLeAhUJDMAKHXJfDCgQ_AUIEygC&biw=360&bih=560#imgrc=UfFZsMy4glRHrM
I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3596
    Distinctive guitar, nice to know they get played after we move them on.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31014
    Semi famous- hmmm, clearly a semi-hollow gesture by her.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    She's putting it to good use and that's nice to hear a protest singer for a change.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7348
    rad string changes
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

My strat was used by someone else for a session for Radio 1 once, so it has a better claim to fame than I have. Long time ago when Nicky Campbell was a Radio 1 DJ! 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • That's my old Tele.

The front man came all the way from London to Reading to buy it, it's a Highway One.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7860

One of my old Yamaha basses turned up in an indie band's video, but I can't remember the band's name, sadly.

It was distinctive because it was "almost" original, apart from a black jazz bass pickup that wrecked the look of it completely.

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72751
    I've mentioned this before, but this is my old Marshall Major...

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/23239/lot/213/

Used by Gary Moore on the BBM tour, until it was replaced by a normal 100W Super Lead - probably because it was just too loud :).

I've also sold a HH 100W head to Lou Barlow of Dinosaur Jr., and a Gibson EB-2 to the bass player in Jools Holland's band.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2171
    I remember I spent a fortune on that guitar, the paint job, hardware and going back and forth to the guitar shop with it. 
    I could never get it to sound like how I wanted it to. I think I took a £400 loss on that guitar. Part of me wanted to keep it because of the artwork. When I bought the tokai it was night and day though. 
    Still chuffed that the guitar has gone on to achieve far more than I did with it! 
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1269
    DrJazzTap said:
    I remember I spent a fortune on that guitar, the paint job, hardware and going back and forth to the guitar shop with it. 
    I could never get it to sound like how I wanted it to. I think I took a £400 loss on that guitar. Part of me wanted to keep it because of the artwork. When I bought the tokai it was night and day though. 
    Still chuffed that the guitar has gone on to achieve far more than I did with it! 
    I have a very similar one (Epiphone Dot Studio in White with black binding, all-black hardware, and ironically dot-free fretboard) - even box-stock I think it’s hands down one of the coolest looking, most rock’n’roll things I’ve ever seen. It plays OK and sounds good enough that I still thoroughly enjoyed giving it a run-out with a band now and again even when I had much more exalted stuff to choose from, and I’d always get (favourable) comments on it...
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
    ICBM said:
    I've mentioned this before, but this is my old Marshall Major...

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/23239/lot/213/

Used by Gary Moore on the BBM tour, until it was replaced by a normal 100W Super Lead - probably because it was just too loud :).

I've also sold a HH 100W head to Lou Barlow of Dinosaur Jr., and a Gibson EB-2 to the bass player in Jools Holland's band.
    I think your Gary Moore claim to fame beats mine. :)
    I was just stoked to see the guitar is out being used. I figured it was probably hanging on a wall in some hipster coffee bar somewhere.
  • I remember years ago when I was a teenager that I was selling an Ovation Classic which were quite rare even then and this guy got in contact and drove down from up north somewhere to Harlow where I lived. I asked if he plays in any bands etc and the look of utter astonishment and disbelief on his face and his wife's in response to my question was very apparent. I think he was very famous but I had no idea who he was. Haunts me to this day that I never knew lol
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33851
    Is this 'Strictly' famous, or 'left the Jungle' famous?
    I am hoping for 'Only Connect' famous.
    octatonic said:
    This is just above the only way is Essex famous.
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4213
    edited November 2018
    My Performance superstrat was played on The Simpsons' Yellow Album, among others :D

Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33851
    DrJazzTap said:
    octatonic said:
    This is just above the only way is Essex famous.
    Nah, that is fully hollow.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72751
    DrJazzTap said:

I think your Gary Moore claim to fame beats mine. :)
    Not really - he only used it briefly, and although I thought it might have been on the album as well, I can't find any evidence.

From something I found inside it I think it may have originally been ex-Blackmore too, but likewise I don't have any hard evidence.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Revolution of Mind is a great album in my opinion and it looks like Louisa Roach really digs your guitar: ) 

I'd be very happy if I were you: )
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    My semi was famous back in college after an unfortunate picture leaking.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7860
    ICBM said:

From something I found inside it I think it may have originally been ex-Blackmore too, but likewise I don't have any hard evidence.

a curly black pube ?
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom