Laney VC30

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• KeefyKeefy Frets: 2362
    I used to have the 1x12, to which I added a 2x10 extension cab.

It may indeed have been 'loud as fuck', but not as loud as the vocal monitors used by the singer in the function band I was playing with. I frequently ran into power amp breakup - thankfully it did sound good though. I always used the dirty channel just on the edge of breakup, with pedals into the front end.

The FX loop is parallel, so you really needed a 'wet only' option on any FX you ran in it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4788
    edited December 2018
    Keefy said:
    I used to have the 1x12, to which I added a 2x10 extension cab.

The FX loop is parallel, so you really needed a 'wet only' option on any FX you ran in it.
    Reverse snap..I have the 2x10 and run it with the GS12VE matching cab. Btw I'm told it's an easy mod to turn the parallel fx loop into a series fx loop.  ;)

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2504
    I'd never tried the VC range. My first valve amp was an LC15 and then had a Lionheart 20 watt head and 2x12 for the years. I sold it, then ended up missing the sound and buying the 5 watt head. Yes, it's made in China but the sounds are all there and it's much more portable.

In the meantime I had a Laney Ironheart, a Matamp, and a Hiwatt but I ended up back with the Laney. There's just something about the Lionheart sound.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2362
    strtdv said:
    I'd never tried the VC range. My first valve amp was an LC15 and then had a Lionheart 20 watt head and 2x12 for the years. I sold it, then ended up missing the sound and buying the 5 watt head. Yes, it's made in China but the sounds are all there and it's much more portable.

In the meantime I had a Laney Ironheart, a Matamp, and a Hiwatt but I ended up back with the Laney. There's just something about the Lionheart sound.
    I had the Lionheart 20 head too, and used it with the 2x10. It sounded lush through those Jensens, but it was a bit big for my tiny home studio space.