Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Cheap as Chips Andertons Brand...

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    were Chapman guitars originally aimed at the beginner/cheap market?
    I think the initial idea was that social media users would all vote to design the guitar they wanted by committee then they'd be made in the same factory, and at a similar price point, to the PRS SE, Schecter and ESP Ltd. guitars to get as high quality a guitar as possible for a mid range price.

I've never read of any plans for them to be anywhere close to the price range of these East Coast ones.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2431
    I've been an Anderton's customer since the late seventies when Lee was a wee nipper. I have a lot of respect for what he has achieved over the last decade or more BUT, following on the heels of his Vertex video, if he is now claiming credit for a brand previously sold by PMT he is setting himself up for a reputation of being economical with the truth. He may not care but it won't do him any good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • terada said:
    For what its worth. Five minutes in photoshop to get from Andertons (right hand side), to a quick and dirty rework (left hand side). To me it still has the tele flair, but has at least got a bit of its own character, and got rid of some of the nasty sloppy curves round the neck pocket area.

You should sell those, I'd buy that! 
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Jimbro66 said:
    I've been an Anderton's customer since the late seventies when Lee was a wee nipper. I have a lot of respect for what he has achieved over the last decade or more BUT, following on the heels of his Vertex video, if he is now claiming credit for a brand previously sold by PMT he is setting himself up for a reputation of being economical with the truth. He may not care but it won't do him any good.
    I caught on to him a while ago - when the Atomic Amplifire first came out Andertons, as the exclusive UK dealer, had a mass of videos raving about how great it is. I bought one and it actually is great so I'm glad I bought it.

However, a while later Andertons were promoting some new modelling unit so made a video where they compared it to a couple of others including the Amplifire. Myself and plenty of commentors on Youtube have never heard the unit sound so bad - it's almost as if he deliberately set all the settings to sound bad in comparison to the other unit he wanted to shift.
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    I like that LTD SG!.... No I don't... yes I do. That top bevel is massive, isn't it? I makes the Epi SG look wrong. And the weird flag inlays, and the OCD-triggering pickguard to the edge of the bevel. But it certainly looks designed by someone, which is more than can be said of the others. Both those Teles are terrible, sorry! They look like the Hannah Montana Tele.

That said, if the biggest shops in the UK can get together and sell cheap guitars that aren't awful then that's good. Because they're not aimed a guys on here, they're aimed at people who don't play guitar yet. If my experience of recent guitar shows is in any way indicative, the industry desperately needs more young people to pick up guitars and play an riff.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    timhulio said:
    I like that LTD SG!.... No I don't... yes I do. That top bevel is massive, isn't it? I makes the Epi SG look wrong. And the weird flag inlays, and the OCD-triggering pickguard to the edge of the bevel. But it certainly looks designed by someone, which is more than can be said of the others. Both those Teles are terrible, sorry! They look like the Hannah Montana Tele.

That said, if the biggest shops in the UK can get together and sell cheap guitars that aren't awful then that's good. Because they're not aimed a guys on here, they're aimed at people who don't play guitar yet. If my experience of recent guitar shows is in any way indicative, the industry desperately needs more young people to pick up guitars and play an riff.
    Not sure I agree, a Hannah Montana Tele would be far nicer than the Andertons design ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14573
    edited November 2018
    abw1989 said:
    thegummy said:
    one with bird inlays! That's surely not right! the links for that particular model are now broken ...
    ... including the link to the Eastcoast GP20 bundle package deal.

abw1989 said:
    Perhaps, a certain Mr. Smith reminded a certain Mr. Anderton of the free PRS he was gifted not so long ago?
    That might explain why PMT still advertises 'em.

Meanwhile, the fact that the GP20 has a lever selector switch means that it would be ripe for modification to a PRS-style five-way circuit - ancient or modern. Could even go three-way selector plus partial coil splits.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.