SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted - WTB Matamp Minimat

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ForgeForge Frets: 431

photek said:
    And unlike Cheryl Cole they sound as good as they look too ;)
    Could be why Ashley swapped her for another muff?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    Forge said:

Got a demo of this one coming up alongside with a pretty muscular Fuzz.

This one was a raucous fuzz made for a forum member:

@Forge, is that wooden turretboard? Drawing some Ryan Kirkland inspiration?!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2014

@Hymnal, yes I absolutely love Skinpimp, I still have one of first "Misfit tattoo" MKI built by Ryan (see below). Mine is a veneered (planetree) perf board hosting the bias pot, the Si transistors and a couple of bits.

I wanted a rustic wood, aluminium and copper vibe here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

I'm hugely impressed with my MK3 too. Your build looks ace, pretty steampunk with the copper! I really really love the early monolith layouts:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Nice touch with solid core wires!

I still do not know why I sent you that MKIII, I suppose I am more of a MKII guy and I knew it was going to a good home.

I have great hopes for that little Matamp - it may just be the one that makes me sell my humboldt.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Yep, and the board layout makes a nice change to the usual set it out in a line and link it together fashion. 

I prefer MK3's to MK2's! They seem to be a bit smoother, which suits my playing better: though MK2's cut through the mix better and are awesome for riffing. 

I had a big mat, a 1224. It was awesome. Good construction but mine didn't have much gain and weighed a tonne so I shifted it on. A minimat at the right price would be seriously appealing!  
    £350 discounted and fresh from Matamp - they are the Mini-Pro versions in black/ black. The MKIII is smoother indeed, and way more versatile. You can get very close to an MKII. I have found germanium tonebenders to vary enormously, my all time favourite is a unit built by Steve Giles (now retired) for JMI - that was before he went to create VPW. This particular unit has a huge amount of gain and sustain, my DAM in comparison is more focussed and polished.
    Which D*A*M do you have? I have seen Steves name about but yet to play anything he's built. 

Excellent price from Matamp there dude! I will be getting a low watt amp at the end of the year for a new project but that's a long way off. I'll bear that price in mind.
    Meathead, Drag'n fly, MKII (vintage correct shape) and David's old personal '66 tonebender. I had a greasebox too but sold it when I got the MKII. Steve Giles assembled some of the JMI limited editions and signed them inside. The best way to be sure you have one of his is to go for a Vintage Pedal Workshop pedal, his own brand.