Zappa plays Zappa

monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
in Music tFB Trader
I've watched this whole two hour concert today. 

It's superb, I love Zappa and Dweezil has assembled a fantastic band and interprets his dad's work wonderfully.

It's also a great opportunity to see Vai letting himself off the hook and rocking out for those who think of him as always "Mr Perfect" though I must say Dweezil is the man for me in terms of tone and note choice. 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Seen them many times, and they are fantastic. Every member of the band is absolutely top notch and Dweezil´s tone and playing always delivers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3897
    I saw them live about 2 years ago @ The Roundhouse in London. One of the best concerts I've ever seen. 
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2087
    edited April 2014
    Yep. I've seen them too and they are absolutely stunning.  As a Zappa fan, it was almost like being at a concert with your favourite Mothers of Invention line-up.

Thanks for the link @Monquixote ;

Isn't Napoleon Murphy Brock just a stunning "front man"?
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3413
    Superb concert, songs and group of musicians!
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1587
    This is great stuff, not really been into Zappa before as it is avant garde but I like it. Amazing musicianship. Dweezil seems cool too and I agree that he sounds much better than Vai to my ears, especially during their guitar duel exactly one hour in...