Paul Gilbert - Not to Meander

What's Hot
MikeBMikeB Frets: 176
Stumbled over this in my recommendations. This is a solo piece that he has done for Guitar Techniques - its a really catchy piece with some of his usual flash but a real strong sense of melody.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    I never thought I'd associate Paul Gilbert with great tone, but that sound beautiful. The piece itself kinda gives me Eric Johnson meets Satriani vibes. I like it.
  • neilgneilg Frets: 94
    I've spent the last year while I've been subscribed to his course on artistworks wishing I had his tone.
  • I find myself going hot and cold on Mr Gilbert. That said, this version of Technical Difficulties is an absolute blinder, and probably my favourite thing of all of his output:

Even if you don't watch the whole thing, at the very least watch ~2:50 to the end.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    I find myself going hot and cold on Mr Gilbert. That said, this version of Technical Difficulties is an absolute blinder, and probably my favourite thing of all of his output:

Even if you don't watch the whole thing, at the very least watch ~2:50 to the end.
    I'm with you there, but hey, that was a super cool video... Why is he improving on Comfortably Numb outta key, though? =)

This is Gilbert at his best for me. Gain dialed way back (much like in the TD vid), playing classical pieces. I absolutely love it:

Oh, and this :+1: 

• dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    Big PG fan here with SFBADR being my favourite album, and this being my favourite on that album:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sF-8IHKYE8M
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    I never really listen to Paul Gilbert, but I do think that he is one of the finest guitarists out there. He has incredible technical ability but he doesn't go as OTT as the shredder brigade.
  • He seems like a really nice guy too.
    https://youtu.be/1PxX7plLKIc

I had one of his signature Guitars, wonderful thing with a HUGE neck. I never felt I could do it justice. 
  • neilgneilg Frets: 94

I had one of his signature Guitars, wonderful thing with a HUGE neck. I never felt I could do it justice. 

I mentioned elsewhere I've got the FRM200 signature guitar and it's easily one of my favourite guitars I've played.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2911
    Paul Gilbert is the only shredder who I can stand to listen to. Amazing player but he can also write good songs which I think is the difference between him and a lot of the other "big shredders".
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16152
    Amazingly good musician but I don't like the processed tone of the first video.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom