NGD for my son

What's Hot
jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12426
i picked up a mint HSS squier affinity Strat for my son for Xmas with a fender gig bag, stand and a few sets of strings for £50 off gumtree a few weeks ago it’s been hidden away. I got it out the other day, a bit of a set up (the action was very high now it is proper slinky with no buzz) and I have to say it sounds fantastic, I blocked the Trem for now as it’s a bit naff but wow I am amazed how good it feels to play, I think I’m going to end up playing it as much as he is. Trouble is I’ve just bought an SG and now I want a Strat!

Genuinely surprised at how good it is and just how easy it is to play. Don’t discount the cheapos guys!
"OUR TOSSPOT"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 616
    Sounds like he is gonna be a happy bunny Xmas morn...congrats......now you gotta send your letter to Santa for your strat haha
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It’s really quite amazing how the standard of starter guitars has risen in recent years. With a bit of a setup and some decent strings most are very playable instruments.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1960
    edited December 2018
    You can have my Cort, but I'd recommend blocking of the trem on that too

Does it have Duncan Designed pickups in the Squier? I'm really impressed by them (sound amazing through a Vox)

I wish I had something like that as my first guitar - The Ibanez neck I had was so thin that it nearly put me off playing

I'm sure he'll enjoy it! Good spot.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom