Gibson es 335

What's Hot
Anyone tried the new 2019 es 335 dot?

How does it compare to the 2018 es 335 traditional?

Appreciate any comments!

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8198
    edited December 2018
    You literally want someone to join the Dots for you?

Sorry :-)
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I suggest you try them to see if you like them. Other peoples' opinions might not matter.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    I suggest you try them to see if you like them. Other peoples' opinions might not matter.
    I thought the general concept of a forum is people share their opinions? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16202
    ok here's an opinion.........call me a cynic............it's very much like the 2018....and the 2017.....and the 2016....................................................and the 1969 ..........
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1426
    Well it’s probably not quite like the 1969  =)
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4208
    Gibson’s do vary a lot and 335’s even more so, there is no substitute for research and trying loads out unfortunately 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11484
    Dominic said:
    ok here's an opinion.........call me a cynic............it's very much like the 2018....and the 2017.....and the 2016....................................................and the 1969 ..........

They had the really narrow necks in 1969.  I've tried one or two 69 Gibsons as it happens to be the year I was born.  Complete no go as the necks are incredibly narrow.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7348
    my 2006 has a narrow neck
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I thought the general concept of a forum is people share their opinions? 
    Indeed they can. But when it comes to deciding whether gear is right for you, other peoples' opinions don't matter, unless there is consensus that something is badly designed/built or somehow unreliable/unmaintainable. Such considerations might matter more for things like amplifiers than guitars, and guitars are so subjective anyway that even if 99% of all respondents say they don't like the tone of a guitar but you do then sod what they say, if you like it buy it and play it. 
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself