My Long Delay Journey - Part 3

2»

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10090
    edited April 2014

Mate, I must say... the new models are
    nowhere near the old 3005 chips in sound or feel, imho...

It does however, sound LUSH into our Carr Sportsman mate !!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I use a nova repeater and it's brilliant - sounds good, easy to use, tap tempo etc.

I'm thinking of selling it on because of the power supply requirement, though. :-( so these threads are relevant for me.  

I quite fancy trying the Malekko ones, and I'll probably get a cheaper, super clean digital unit like the Digidelay to use an analogue and digital delay together.
    Malekko are nice analogue sounding, although they are a bit dark and the modulation can be a bit random !

Good analogue sounds though.
    Good people,

I'm am spending tonight  a/bing the following;

- Subdecay Anamesis
    - EHX DMM
    - Strymon Timeline 
    - Boss DD2
    - Caroline Kilobyte
    - T Rex Replica

Very very interesting !
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2372
    I use a nova repeater and it's brilliant - sounds good, easy to use, tap tempo etc.

I'm thinking of selling it on because of the power supply requirement, though. :-( so these threads are relevant for me.  

I quite fancy trying the Malekko ones, and I'll probably get a cheaper, super clean digital unit like the Digidelay to use an analogue and digital delay together.

Dude you can use a nova repeater with a normal boss 9v psu..

I've been using the nova ib modified delay for the past year.   the delays on it are all good enough imo.  What makes it for me is the fact that you have a readout of the time in ms, and can save presets as well.   Plus its not too large that you need a pedalboard the size of france to put it on.

one thing I've noted about delays in my journey in buying a load of them,  is that I always thought tap tempo's were an unneccesary luxury.  Now I would't even look at a delay without one..

• My psu I use supplies only half the required current. Tomorrow is testing day, where I find out what my y cable does. If it let's me double current, my nova repeater will work.
  • icarusiicarusi Frets: 2
    edited April 2014

I've still got one of these kicking about somewhere. A good trick is to flip the slider while you play.