2019 LP Tribute

What's Hot
dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5853
Not had the chance to see one in the flesh but the look of plain tops and satin finish is simply gorgeous. 

I didnt have strong feelings on the fret markers until I started reading a few bits on the web. The amount of dummy spitting over how it can’t be a LP without trapezoids is staggering. Has totally made me want one. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RabsRabs Frets: 2620
    edited December 2018 tFB Trader

Yes...Tributes are awesome...  I also love the satin finish, especially on the neck, more of a tactile feeling but still smooth..

I love my one which is getting on now so it has traps, but that's not why I love it.. Its just a great guitar full stop. And such a good price too..  All Gibson just without some of the bling...

This is my one....

https://i.imgur.com/GenDvu0.jpg

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5853
    Rabs said:

Yes...Tributes are awesome...  I also love the satin finish, especially on the neck, more of a tactile feeling but still smooth..

I love my one which is getting on now so it has traps, but that's not why I love it.. Its just a great guitar full stop. And such a good price too..  All Gibson just without some of the bling...

This is my one....

https://i.imgur.com/GenDvu0.jpg

That’s a very lovely guitar. Gold Tops have really started growing on me this year and P90s show the mark of a classy player 
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2620
    edited December 2018 tFB Trader
    dazzajl said:

That’s a very lovely guitar. Gold Tops have really started growing on me this year and P90s show the mark of a classy player 

Yeah, I was the same.. I never really liked Goldtops till I got this one..  And the reason I got this one was because when they first came out, I wanted almost every colour.. They were all so nice... I think I had kind of decided on the iced tea burst and then went to the shop to try a bunch.. I must have tried ten of them in every different colour.. The last one I tried was this goldtop and the instant I played I knew it had to be mine, at that point I didn't care about the colour and im sure I wouldn't have cared if it had dots or traps or even dare I say it, birds (ok maybe that's a bit of an over statement )...

I also have a Classic, Standard and a Double Cut Special and love my tribute as much as any of them..

And yes, P90s frikken rock!!!

• thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Oh wow, didn't know they'd moved to dot inlays for this year's Tribute.

I have a 2018 and I won't go in to detail as I've discussed it several times on this forum but it did need work done to it due to poor QC.

After the work was done it's great though and has became "my number one" as they say.

Something I was sceptical of was that any Les Paul could have tuning stability on the G string by the nut being cut well but since the work was done on it it seems to have been as stable as my PRS so a pleasant surprise so far!
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31794
    dazzajl said: GoldTops have really started growing on me this year and P90s show the mark of a classy player 
    Utter nonsense. 
    ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dot inlays look naff in these 2019 models 

Having owned a 2017 version they are outstanding for the money so buy used as these were only £550 new when I bought mine 
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    p90fool said:
    dazzajl said: GoldTops have really started growing on me this year and P90s show the mark of a classy player 
    Utter nonsense. 
    ;)
    lol you are a very nice player though, ironically, I don't think I've ever seen you actually playing P90s :P