Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Wtf - singer attacked at Cavern Club

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17872
    tFB Trader
    p90fool said:
    Clearly there's a backstory
    Why? We've had a few random attacks over the years from drunks who have no idea who we are. 
    Guys just come up to our 4'11" female singer and just scream at her mid song, inches from her face, or wave their dicks at her, or try to pick a fight with us. I've had to panel some dickhead or other three times in the last couple of years, the last just a month ago. 
    I guess I just assume that no-one would do that sort of thing for no reason. 

Do those sort of nutters actually exist??

Yep.

I've had the people getting in the singers face and screaming at them thing happen.

I've also had someone pull the PA over (I ended up chucking them out of the bar)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24646
    You could tell from the way he ran away that his heart wasn’t really in it.  He clearly hadn’t thought it through and seemed a bit shocked that the singer went after him.

Looks like another case of mental illness to me.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33957
    Call me cynical but I won’t be surprised to find out it was staged.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    octatonic said:
    Call me cynical but I won’t be surprised to find out it was staged.
    Not staged. The singer gave the perpetrator a good beating - lots of witnesses. The club called the police who attended.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!

• Can’t help thinking a Jimmy Page wide leg stance would have prevented this.  The ‘acoustic guy’ leg together stance if very susceptible to toppling from side winds and random nutters. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    Can’t help thinking a Jimmy Page wide leg stance would have prevented this.  The ‘acoustic guy’ leg together stance if very susceptible to toppling from side winds and random nutters. 
    Wisdom awarded for the rongkas. "You're doing it all wrong, 'cause...."
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7350
    edited December 2018
    they obviously employ a strict Set time limit...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Can’t help thinking a Jimmy Page wide leg stance would have prevented this.  The ‘acoustic guy’ leg together stance if very susceptible to toppling from side winds and random nutters. 
    Wisdom awarded for the rongkas. "You're doing it all wrong, 'cause...."
    That's correct, any proper geezer would have kicked that guy around the stage while still playing but changing the 'sweet caroline' to 'p1ssed idiot'.

• KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8601
    edited December 2018
    Emp_Fab said:
    Maybe the singer had stolen the bloke’s wife, called Caroline, and he was taking the piss with that song.

He was planning to sing Forever in Blue Jeans next.

"Honey's sweet but it ain't nothin' next to baby's treat"
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73026
    I doubt it was staged unless he intended to wreck his guitar. Interested to know if it survived... it was a Dove not a Hummingbird, so a slightly higher chance - maple neck and back/sides, so less fragile than mahogany. I wouldn't want to try that with one though.

I would also want the arsehole to cover the cost of repair/replacement. Unfortunately beating him up won't have helped, since it's no longer a clear-cut assault case.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FosterFoster Frets: 1100
    https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/footage-taken-seconds-before-cavern-15611915

Attacker was drunk and shouting at some woman earlier before he attacked the singer.

Apparently after the educational beating the singer went back on stage to finish his set - so I assume the guitar was ok!
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6831
    edited December 2018
    ICBM said:
    Unfortunately beating him up won't have helped, since it's no longer a clear-cut assault case.
    I don't know, not being really familiar with the Law but I would have thought that the retaliation would cause for a second assault case. The first still being intact. 
  • What a Cunt for doing that. Re it being staged, I doubt it as there was too much risk to him from potential injury and risk of damaging his Guitar.

As for the singer beating the guy, good on him, he deserved a kicking for being such a Wanker. You could probably call it Diminished Responsibility (or Half Diminished ;)

Or say to the cops "Sorry Officer, I chased after him to confront him on why he did it and he took another swing at me, I had to defend myself" I doubt any people will back up the attacker.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Foster said:
    https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/footage-taken-seconds-before-cavern-15611915

Attacker was drunk and shouting at some woman earlier before he attacked the singer.

Apparently after the educational beating the singer went back on stage to finish his set - so I assume the guitar was ok!
    That explains a lot ... pissed up punter takes it out his frustrations with his woman on the muso on stage.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Foster said:

Did he reopen his set with a rendition of I'm Still Standing?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • proggy said:
    Foster said:

Did he reopen his set with a rendition of I'm Still Standing?
    Or Chumbawumba's Tubthumping?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73026
    thecolourbox said:

Or Chumbawumba's Tubthumping?
    He'd *deserve* to get attacked then...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6843
    tFB Trader
    “The man, wearing jeans and a jumper, can be seen waving his arms in the air while a performer plays "Send All My Loving" by The Beates.”

Great reporting Liverpool Echo...
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    He could have stayed on the floor and started singing "I'm Down" from The Beatles repertoire.