Fender Telecaster Standard (MIM) Switch Tip

What's Hot
Evening all,
I have what's probably a simple query but my research doesn't seem to bring up a definitive answer.

I have a Fender Telecaster Standard made in Mexico, which is missing the black barrel tip from the selector switch. However when going to try to source one i'm reading that there are two types dependent on size. Yet i can't seem to find dimensions anywhere for the barrel and top hat selectors (which i'm assuming are the two different types being referred to?)

Does anyone have any experience with this by any chance? The little metal bit on the selector is 1cm.

It could be that i'm rubbish at googling though.

Thanks!
Jack
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    https://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/parts-c4/knobs-switch-tips-c102/switch-tips-c795/fender-original-telecaster-guitar-black-switch-tip-2-pack-p3563

Those Fender genuine barrel ones fit the Mexican player series teles (new range). I ordered a set summer just gone. 

I would imagine the old mexican range would be exactly the same. 

Just had a look as I thought I had the spare one knocking about, was going to say I'd send you it, but I must have actually just chucked it away.... because thats how wasteful I am.. lol. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thank you! That’s a huge help. I’ll go ahead and order them. :)
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Jonesy9 said:
    Thank you! That’s a huge help. I’ll go ahead and order them. :)
    No worries man. 

I'd imagine they should fit fine. 
    I know the new player series came with barrel tips, and those in the link are exactly the same.. I don't know if the older mexican range had top hats, but I dont think they did.. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Brilliant! Mine isn’t that old really, not quite as new as the player series and looking at the stock photos it looks more like a barrel rather than a top hat tip, so I think you’re spot on. Nice one!