R.I.P. David Novan one of my closest friends

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    Sorry to hear Rabs, he was fortunate to have a friend in you I think, too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16048
    Man,that is so sad. :(

Hang in there Rab  :)
    tae be or not tae be
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12283
    I'm very sorry about your friend. :(
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2620
    tFB Trader
    Hootsmon said:
    Man,that is so sad. :(

Hang in there Rab  :)
    Cheers, I appreciate that..  Yeah its still hard..

A week or so ago we had his stone setting.. It was terrible. I could hardly speak I was so upset.. Seeing his name on the stone was just traumatic but it had to be done. Im glad all that stuff is over with. I wont ever forget him and don't like these stupid religious ceremonies..

The day before his stone setting was pretty cool. His sister had a BBQ at her house and invited people from throughout Davids life. So there were people there from primary school all the way through college (where we met) and university and the various bands he was in.. We all sat around and shared stories of David showing his total unique quirkiness.. It was amazing how many people said that because of David they learned to be more confident in being themselves as people. It was the reoccurring theme whenever someone talked about him.. That and of course the love of music. 

The sad part is I don't think he ever knew how special he was and quite what effect he had on so many peoples lives.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • camfcamf Frets: 1195
    That's very sad, but a lovely and moving tribute. Well done. 
  • adampeteradampeter Frets: 775
    Sorry to hear this, but its nice to read about someone who was obviously a great guy that i never knew
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 618
    Condolences. The darkness after a bright light is lost, . . .  it takes a while to re-adjust.

Best wishes to you @Rabs ;

• RabsRabs Frets: 2620
    tFB Trader
    Thanks guys.. Yes it does and will take time I know.. Even now seven months later I still tear up a bit when I re-read this thread... Especially as we were so close the last few years and I still haven't been to a gig since and am not even sure I want to yet, I literally went to most of the gigs I have ever been too with David and I don't even know anyone else who would want to see half of the stuff we went to see together like Asia and Yes and Toto etc..