Pedalboard 10 Yr Challenge

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4788
    edited February 2019
    ICBM said:
    Voxman said:

I must have got the model numbers mixed up @ICBM as I thought you had the ME80. 
    I was thinking of getting one since it has amp modelling - which the ME-50 doesn't - but I think I'm more likely to just get a separate amp modeller if I need that. If I come across an ME-80 I will be trying it though, for sure.
    Trust me on this @ICBM ...don't bother. The amp modelling is not good, far too digital and grating. The low gain models e.g. tweed are reasonable, but the higher up the modelling scale you go in gain, the worse it becomes. Ive tried both the ME70 and ME80 because I liked the idea of its simpler stomp box like layout, which is very good for tweaking on the fly and ideal for my gigging needs..which I know is why you like your ME50. But I couldn't live with it's digital lifeless higher gain distortions and amp models.

The ME70 is bigger than your ME50 but the ME80 is bigger still and is quite a big and heavy unit, so I was better staying with my TLLE.  I actually preferred the ME70 because it was smaller and lighter, although the ME80 had a few extra bits and more footswitch options. 

If Boss could make something no bigger than the ME70 with really good amp and distortion models and patch naming (essential if you use a lot of different tones as I do in a covers band) it would have a winner. Until then I'm afraid COSM stands for completely 'orrible sounds meh. 

On a completely aesthetic basis I preferred the black metallic colour of the ME70 too, and the white lettering seemed to stand out more clearly than the ME80. Not being a youngster, my eyes need all the help they can get.
        If the amp modelling and distortions were up to it, I'd go for the ME70 over the ME80 're size, weight and looks.  However, if I remember rightly the ME70 didn't have a bank up/down control that the ME80 does have. Don't understand that omission, but you can do it with a cheap latching external pedal like a Bespeko. But then thats something else to carry and set up. Seriously, why dont these companies ever talk to gigging players when designing these things.

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My big board is being changed at the moment but the small board is fixed.

I didn't have a board 10 years ago….only started like 4 years ago.  This board hasn't changed in over 2 years + now,  I can't think of any way to improve it for the features that it has for its size.

Everything is powered by a Cioks Pussy power, isolated.

Lovely looking board there!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom