SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Broken AC30CC2X - possible bargain for someone who knows what they're doing.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8563
    My first instinct was to ask where the seller was and offer to fix it for him, I think if you're actually put out by what's happened in this thread then you're disappointed you couldn't get a bargain by sneakily fleecing someone who didn't know better. Perhaps people should ponder the scruples involved in that?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Cirrus said:
    My first instinct was to ask where the seller was and offer to fix it for him, I think if you're actually put out by what's happened in this thread then you're disappointed you couldn't get a bargain by sneakily fleecing someone who didn't know better. Perhaps people should ponder the scruples involved in that?

I don't think for one second that anyone member here was trying to ''sneakily fleece' the seller and i believe he does know better as he didn't seem to have any problems in pricing his items in his other for sale threads.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I obviously never meant to anger anyone or cause an argument? It is now provisionally sold
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4327
    It is customary though, when someone offers to buy it and PM's you, to reply.
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    edited April 2014
    I'll give ya £350 :p
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    edited April 2014
    Lets face it - if he was asking too much there would have been no shortage of people pointing this out, when he asked for too little all people do is scramble over each other like fat kids at a buffet.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    edited April 2014
    Well, no. Not really. I didn't want the amp. I just thought it was a little 'not in the spirit of The Forum' to agree a sale and then renege because of a higher offer later. I wouldn't do that. 
  • ParkerParker Frets: 961
    Had he sold it though? Had money been exchanged?
  • CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 357
    edited April 2014
    I didn't want the amp either, but I thought it was a bit of a rum do. 

People check cash situation, spousal clearance, travel plans etc. If you want to up the price, use the bay.  That's where auctions are held, not on here.  Heaven knows there are enough "enthusiasts" who are really sellers on here.  Adding auctioneers isn't going to make it any better.

Nice gesture @cirrus.  It's always good to see people offering to do stuff for free to help others.

Parker said:
    Had he sold it though? Had money been exchanged?
    Does money have to be exchanged for an agreement to be binding?  Someone might know.
    Jeez - just get over it
    Parker said:
    Jeez - just get over it
    How interesting.  You add a comment to put your point of view, then say "get over it" when someone puts an opposing point of view. Why is your strong opinion more valid than mine?
    I'm not saying your point isn't valid - this is a hijacked FOR SALE thread that was debated to death several days ago. You have gone out of our way to resurrect it with the sole purpose to give the guy another kicking. Take it to the right place (currently Classifieds titled thread in Guitars) if you think it's appropriate to have a rant.
    Parker said:
    I'm not saying your point isn't valid - this is a hijacked FOR SALE thread that was debated to death several days ago. You have gone out of our way to resurrect it with the sole purpose to give the guy another kicking. Take it to the right place (currently Classifieds titled thread in Guitars) if you think it's appropriate to have a rant.
    Noted.  Thanks for the pointer.  You could have said that instead of "get over it".
    Game Of Thrones was on mate - I didn't have time to be so eloquent!
    :D