SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: 'Freestyle' hard case for Les Paul/single cut electric - £30

SnagsSnags Frets: 5687
edited January 2019 in Parts £
This has seen some use, so has some cosmetic dings. Still perfectly functional as a hard case though*. Has looked after my Les Paul Studio for about 20 years, probably.

Black on the outside, black and fluffy on the inside.

Damage/issues:

- 'top' right corner protector on the base section is long, long lost and replaced by inimitable Duck tape
- a series of nicks/tears in the outer covering on the lid have been patched over with Duck tape, which now probably looks worse than the tears underneath
- assorted nicks/tears as shown on the photos

BUT hinges and clasps all sound, and case still perfectly tough.

*Pretty sure that this will only really suit single cuts/Les Paul style instruments, Popped a Reverend Jetstream in as a test, and the padding/carving on the bottom of the case stops it sitting neatly, whereas with the LP it just sits right.

Reason for sale: without some minor additional padding on the neck support (e.g. a folded duster) my Les Paul Studio, which has quite a sharp headstock angle, just (and only just) touches the fluffy lining rather than floating free. So I've treated myself to a Hiscox. Anything with a more sensible headstock angle (i.e. pretty much any copy) would absolutely float clear.

Worth saying that despite getting put in and out of the car regularly, driven all over the place, dropped, knocked over, and otherwise mildly abused, it has always done a perfectly good job of preventing damage to the contents.

£30 collection (Herts) or drop-off within range of somewhere I happen to be.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom