Reverb Payments

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Hydra19Hydra19 Frets: 332
    edited January 2019
    I like Reverb, it is good to have an alternative to Ebay, featuring only music gear. And whilst I stand by that I have had a lot of trouble and headaches paying for stuff, and their Customer Service is really not helpful, they just keep claiming they are 'real musicians' but seem like clueless people protecting the seller.

In the last 2 years about 50% of what I bought on there could not be delivered by the communicated time, got lost, etc, etc, etc. Each time as soon as I bought the time, I had paid for it, and when the item was confirmed as missing, or not sent by the seller, or anything, they wanted to keep my money until the situation was resolved. Just recently I had waited over a month for a refund from the seller who had called USPS to cancel the delivery and have the item returned back to him. I waited 4 weeks for USPS to deliver his item back to him because he had put down the wrong address. 

In the last 2 years this happened about 8 times, each time I was without my money because of someone else's mistake for weeks (2-3 weeks). I don't understand why they just don't refund the money once it's confirmed the sale in cancelled and delivery if item won't take place. 

It got to the point where I just told myself not to buy through Reverb anymore, not because of any other reason other that I have had so much unexpected bad luck, that I just consider Reverb and myself non-compatible. I trust others don't have this issue, but if I buy something on Reverb I have no idea when item will be delivered, what the problem will be this time, and how long I will have to wait to get my money back. Thankfully Paypal saved me a few times, but Reverb was never understanding.

Paypal has a time limit to a dispute, Reverb does not, and rely on false information. Like taking the seller's word over the buyer's as proof item was delivered. Headache after headache. I even had a buyer tell me he wishes he could keep my money and not ship the item at all, Reverb said this kind of communication is fine and there's nothing they can do about it.

Good luck to all buying from Reverb, I think I must be unlucky but be careful and I advise to pay with PayPal and get Buyer protection as Reverb will not protect buyers. Plus when they send you a payment it's through the bank so you have to wait an extra 3 days whilst your payment to them is instant. They claim they want to 'even the field' between buyer and seller but it ain't even. Rant over!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sorry to hear that @Hydra19 Im considering going back to accepting only paypal payments over Reverbs in house system for the very reason it gives me more security if something goes wrong.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Apologies for dragging up this thread again 
    something takes my eye on Reverb but it’s Reverb Payments only
    looking at Hydra’s experience I was wondering on the consensus 
    Is Reverb still a risky move on this basis please
    Martin
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1462
    Sevenof9 said:
    Apologies for dragging up this thread again 
    something takes my eye on Reverb but it’s Reverb Payments only
    looking at Hydra’s experience I was wondering on the consensus 
    Is Reverb still a risky move on this basis please
    Martin
    Nah it’s fine. As long as you pay with a credit card you can just claim your money back through your card provider if the item doesn’t show up.
  • Thanks Ben
    much obliged
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4903
    I use Reverb quite a bit - Never a problem - I can understand the trust issue but they are fine - What about the buyer - He has had to pay out for something he has not seen - Depending on where you are sending it, I've known the funds arrive in my account before the guitar has arrived - In my experience 100% safe and sound
    Fair point but cant help thinking how much Reverb cream off in interest on buyers/sellers deposits! So i should just suck it up this time and post the item? Fingers crossed .....
    Interest?  Where have you been for the last five years?
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • idiotwindowidiotwindow Frets: 1529
    edited September 2020
    rlw said:
    I use Reverb quite a bit - Never a problem - I can understand the trust issue but they are fine - What about the buyer - He has had to pay out for something he has not seen - Depending on where you are sending it, I've known the funds arrive in my account before the guitar has arrived - In my experience 100% safe and sound
    Fair point but cant help thinking how much Reverb cream off in interest on buyers/sellers deposits! So i should just suck it up this time and post the item? Fingers crossed .....
    Interest?  Where have you been for the last five years?
    Quite though it's actually been more like 12 years since interest rates dropped down to 1% or lower. It won't be long before it will be a whole generation ago when people were able to earn worthwhile interest on their savings.