Question for DiMarzio Strat pickup and Ibanez JEM owners/experts - now New Pickups Day

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14735
    The plastic covers on all three pickups are removable. They could easily be changed. Could go subtle. Could go even more garish.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73011
    The plastic covers on all three pickups are removable. They could easily be changed. Could go subtle. Could go even more garish.
    That was one of my inane questions :). I actually didn't know - they're not on the Duncan mini-humbuckers I'm more familiar with. I did think about ordering a couple of spare white covers but thought that would be chickening out ;).

I also may have just accidentally acquired a Whammy pedal :D.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    That was one of my inane questions :). I actually didn't know - they're not on the Duncan mini-humbuckers I'm more familiar with. I did think about ordering a couple of spare white covers but thought that would be chickening out ;).

I also may have just accidentally acquired a Whammy pedal :D.
    I bought the original Whammy many years ago for a price of £80, couldn't incorporate it into my playing enough and sold it for c£400 lol...  they are an unusual beast to tame.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• I think those pickups look excellent and hopefully sound awesome
  • MLten80MLten80 Frets: 162
    needs moar swirls & monkey grip

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14735
    bloodandtears said:
    colour matching for those guitars was very much trial and error, especially with pink
    DiMarzio pink bobbins are notorious for not being colour fast. Even if all of the pink plastics match for hue and saturation when new, they soon cease to do that. 

Similarly, the green Rail pickup covers are semi-transparent. If the pickup design involves metal screening plates, close up, they show through the green.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2487
    ~30 year old pink paf pro's, just about hanging in there.

Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.