Audible Recommendations

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• duotoneduotone Frets: 1021
    After watching An Innocent Man on Netflix, I think that I will next try one of John Grisham's audio
    books.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17869
    tFB Trader
    Following the advice I'm currently listening to the Arnie book and it's excellent.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4067
    I have an audible subscription and I don't tend to listen to the books at the rate I get new credits.

I've just done a 7 hour round trip of driving today and usually do one or two of those a week and this thread has got me thinking...  Question for the Audible Users:
    The best value sub is the 24 books for £110, but I've noticed I'll often buy a regular book or ebook and see "do you want to add it on Audible for £3" ish.  That seems cheaper and it's the book I want anyway.  (Most of these books are non-fiction so I'd be happy to listen to it AND have a hard copy).
    Have I got the gist right on that?  Cos I thought that usually the audio books were about £10 to buy.
    Grunfeld said:
    I have an audible subscription and I don't tend to listen to the books at the rate I get new credits.

I've just done a 7 hour round trip of driving today and usually do one or two of those a week and this thread has got me thinking...  Question for the Audible Users:
    The best value sub is the 24 books for £110, but I've noticed I'll often buy a regular book or ebook and see "do you want to add it on Audible for £3" ish.  That seems cheaper and it's the book I want anyway.  (Most of these books are non-fiction so I'd be happy to listen to it AND have a hard copy).
    Have I got the gist right on that?  Cos I thought that usually the audio books were about £10 to buy.
    The audiobooks prices will vary depending on what you are after. Having written a list of 6 books I fancied when looking into it, mine varied from £13-£22.

I'm not currently signed up so I'm not sure of the exact discounts, but if you sign up for the cheapest option. While you get 1 credit/1 book per month, you will get a discount offered for each additional book you decide to buy.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17869
    tFB Trader
    I'd go for a low level subscription because once you are signed up they have lots of offers to buy additional books at heavy discounts (Daily £1.99 book, 2 for 1 etc) so you can easily rack up a few extras + they often have offers to by extra credits etc.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Cheers, that seems a good way to start.  I'm sure they'll be more than happy to increase it for me if necessary!
    @Grunfeld ;

How are you finding it?
  • TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1849
    I just listened to Ant Middleton's First Man In.

Brilliant book and full of valuable leadership/life lessons
    @duotone - haven't started it yet cos of a logistical issue:  I need to get my phone to connect with my car's playback.  It should be do-able.  Aiming for the free trial in the last week of March.
    @Grunfeld ;
    Cheers! Think I will give the trial a go also. Have paid outright for a couple of audiobooks on it before via Amazon, but didn’t want the monthly subscription £.  
    Bebopper said:
    John le Carré reading his autobiography, 'The Pigeon Tunnel'. Tales from the worlds of Cold War espionage, diplomacy and his hugely successful writing career. Could listen to him talk all day.
    @Bebopper ;
    Downloaded this book yesterday and thoroughly enjoying it. Cheers!