This Time with Alan Partridge teaser

What's Hot

Comments

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11421
    He plays the part very well but it just wasn't that funny. I suspect that it was partly due to it being accurate rather than parody in large part. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It's almost getting to close to reality, or that presenters (Piers Morgan, Madeley etc) these days have moved closer to Partridge territory it makes it harder to parody. There were three or four very funny moments. It's sure to get better as it progresses and the situation and other characters develop.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    I haven't seen it yet but I laughed out loud at one bit I read about in the paper - Alan called the earnest seal pup lady Alice Clunt when her name was actually Alice Fluck! Damn, I'm laughing again just typing it!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8120
    It was worth watching. You can’t analyse an entire series from one episode. 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    Accidental Partridge alert

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6268
    Richard Madeley is and always has been Alan Partridge. Uncanny. Thing is, Madeley is for real, and thinks he's really great. Berk.
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6268
    roberty said:

Jesus!

Remember Come Fly With Me? When they filmed it at Donny airport, all the cast & crew stayed at this place.

Now there's a show that is close to the bone. No chance they'd allow it to be made these days. Bloody funny though.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23574
    I am disappoint. As Richard says, very reminiscent of Knowing Me, Knowing You - which when I think of it is not vintage Partridge for me. He’s funniest when trying to cope with life, in a Travelodge doing local radio or whatever.
    Exactly what I thought.  Although I liked Knowing Me, Knowing You at the time, the whole thing went up several levels when they took him (supposedly) away from the TV cameras for I'm Alan Partridge.
  • fobfob Frets: 1431
    Partridge was always a caricature, which was its strength, but this is a caricature of that caricature - didn't work in my opinion. I'll give the next episode a chance but I'm not hopeful.
  • KeikoKeiko Frets: 1065
    Watched it again the other night. There are some funny bits, the hand washing scene "15 seconds is fine" made me laugh. But yeah, its not up there with the travel lodge series. 

• dindudedindude Frets: 8573
    I’m a bit behind here, thought episode 1 was Ok, episode 2 had some proper vintage Partridge moments - this is def warming up.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4746
    dindude said:
    I’m a bit behind here, thought episode 1 was Ok, episode 2 had some proper vintage Partridge moments - this is def warming up.

Yes, getting much better.  Tonight's was good, the interview with the Scottish guy was classic.

And...

It's a seeded batch, you'll never break it down!

• ‘I’ll never forget the look of joy, that spread across that little sparrows face’
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Tonight's was the best, I was crying with laughter at parts

• BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3327
    Dreadful.   Weak compared with 20 years ago.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2954
    roberty said:

I used to sometimes work with Thommo when I was editing racing stuff, he's a legend! Its not an act for the camera, he's just like that in person. Good value.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7350
    is so poor I have actually have stopped watching it and close to writing a letter to the BBC to ask for a rebate on my licence...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1510
    Last nights episode took a little while to get going but by midway through I thought it was bloody brilliant. The images on his 'iTablet' ending up on a photo of Noel Edmonds is just classic AP. The 'child' Alan is the stuff of nightmares though.
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Last night's one was first one I've seen and thought it was pretty good, I genuinely laughed out loud at some points.