SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Zoom G5n plus Zoom gig bag

VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4744
edited March 2019 in FX £
Virtually brand new, mint condition with not a mark on it that I can see, used only at home (and at one band practice session only, but never gigged). Loaded with latest firmware that gives latest & greatest amp, cab & effects models.  Zoom add new amp, cab & effects with each update.  Complete with box, manual and original Zoom PSU.  

The cheapest new G5n I've seen is around £205 (Andertons), and cheapest Zoom gig bag I've seen is £35, so £240 if you buy new.

Selling to FB'ers for £150 inc postage (subject to this not being much more than £10) or £140 if you want to collect from me in person from Southgate North London when you'd be welcome to try it over a beer or coffee!  which is a terrific price and a good £20-£30 less than I'd be looking for on Ebay (it is on Gumtree for £150 as there are no fees and cash on local collect).

Tremendous bang for buck, with great tones and more FX than you can poke a stick at, including looper, rhythm patterns, and boost switch on amp models, as well as global adjustable output booster and a good multi-function chromatic tuner.  It has a really nice pitch-shifter that tracks well and is great for eg setting a semi-tone drop to Eb so that you don't have to re-tune guitar to play your Eb faves ala Hendrix, SRV, Slash, Thin Lizzy etc.  I'm really going to miss that!  

The G5n is housed in a solid metal casing, and is very compact & light to carry.  Tonally it sounds great and has some cracking amp models (I especially love the 1959 Marshall Super Lead) but I've been spoiled by my Tonelabs SE/LE units and simply can't get on with the scrolling menus and effect chain insert methodology that all of the new MFX units (inc Boss GT100, 1000, Line 6 Helix/Helix LT) seem to use nowadays.  I'm too old and too slow to get my head around it.  

Up to 9 effects can be used together and it has a very useful additional effects chain screen.  Be advised though that if you select an amp it takes up two slots and a cab an extra slot.  Some effects (eg 7 band EQ) also take up two slots, and the looper and rhythm take up further memory slots and are patch specific rather than global.  So whilst 9 slots sounds a lot, you can use these up fairly quickly.  Also, for those that want 4-cable, you can't do this with the G5n.  But, you can add an external FX and position it where you want in the chain, and you can add an additional control/expression pedal too.   

This is a great sounding MFX pedal packed full of goodies which is why I've been umming & ahhhing as to whether to keep it for fun at home  But as I have three Tonelabs (SE, LE and a little ST) and I've got to start creating some space and sell some of my gear, I've decided it has to go.   

Zoom g5n multi effects processor 
200 presets 
max number of fx in chain 9 
13 amps and 13 cabinet models
100 high quality digital effects 
4 stompbox switches for effects on and off 
high output booster 
built in stereo / mono looper up to 80 seconds of looping 
68 built in drum patterns which can be used in conjunction with the looper fantastic for practice 
aux input for conecting mp3 / cd player again fantastic for practice 
headphone output 
usb conectivity 
5 LCD screens 
4 independent editing displays 
built in tuner 
built in expression / volume / wha pedal 
download the free zoom guitar lab 3.0 software and have onscreen editing and download hundreds of free artist presets 
every amp and effects you could possibly need everything from shimmering cleans to extreme hi gain monsters and everything in between 
mix and match any amp and cabinets and effects you want and store them as a preset 
this unit has been updated to the latest firmware 3.00 version 

Payment by Paypal gift or cash if in person.  Pics here (its not bent, photo distorted! ):

httpsiebayimgcom00sNTc2WDEwMjQzO2EAAOSwxXZcYDUN_86JPG

httpsiebayimgcom00sMTAyNFg1NzYz9vgAAOSwXCVcYDUK_86JPG

httpsiebayimgcom00sMTAyNFg1NzYzeqYAAOSwJrdcYDUc_86JPG
httpsiebayimgcom00sNTc2WDEwMjQz9acAAOSwF7dcYDko_86JPG

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4744
    First bump!  :)
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4744
    edited March 2019
    Now sold this morning via Gumtree to a very nice, & very happy young man for home use who I'm sure will have a lot of fun with it.