SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED - WTB - dual mode drive pedal (eg Boss Angry Driver)

TrudeTrude Frets: 916
edited March 2019 in FX £
I'm after a dual OD/Dist pedal that can be toggled between the two modes with one switch.  It's to go in a loop switcher, and I want to control the mode switching from the pedal itself. 

Small footprint would be good, so I think the Angry Driver would be ideal as it can be put in A/B mode and the switcher can then switch the pedal in/out.  Open to other suggestions though!

Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Trude said:
    I'm after a dual OD/Dist pedal that can be toggled between the two modes with one switch.  It's to go in a loop switcher, and I want to control the mode switching from the pedal itself. 

Small footprint would be good, so I think the Angry Driver would be ideal as it can be put in A/B mode and the switcher can then switch the pedal in/out.  Open to other suggestions though!

Try the Boss SD-2 Dual OD, JHS based based the Angry Driver on this concept. It’s dirt cheap on the used market and sounds bloody good and you can use remote switching with it.
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 916
    Thanks, but I specifically want to switch on the unit itself, not via a remote. This is to safe a switch on the MS3 for other things.

Trading feedback here
    Ooh, hang on - just looked at the manual and it looks like the SD2 does have that switching mode - sweet! Time to find some video demos....

Trading feedback here
  • Sorry forgot to mention that you can switch between crunch and lead via Boss footswitch
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6154
    A bit larger than your ideal but the Empress Multidrive will do what you require, as well as having fuzz, OD and distortion in the one box. It allows user to toggle between two presets that can be any combination of the three effects.

If you decide to go with the SD-2, I have a near mint, boxed example I may sell.
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 676
    Trude said:
    Ooh, hang on - just looked at the manual and it looks like the SD2 does have that switching mode - sweet! Time to find some video demos....
    I have had an SD-2 for years and can also vouch for it being a great, great pedal. As far as I remember though, there aren’t many decent video demo’s of it. Don’t let them put you off
    Thanks @JezWynd - please PM me if you decide to let the SD-2 go!

Trading feedback here
    @smudge_lad - good to know. Thanks!

Trading feedback here
    Bump

Trading feedback here
    Sorted - picked up an SD-2 from eBay for £50!

Trading feedback here