SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - 2002 Squier Showmaster - £100 SOLD

PhilMPhilM Frets: 279
edited September 2019 in Guitars £
I acquired this a couple of years ago as I (at the time) had the need for a Floyd-equipped guitar. It was in quite a state - wasn't much left of the original metallic black finish on the body. I stripped it down, threw all the electronics and pickups away and refinished the body myself. I painted it Ford Gulf GT40 blue - I resisted the temptation to add orange stripes! The refin was done using Halfords rattle cans in my shed and is actually quite decent. It has been machine polished to a reasonable shine. There is, however, a slight issue on the rear where I've burned through the top coat slightly. This is only noticeable from behind. 

I installed a PRS SE HFS humbucker, 2x Ironstone A5 platinum singles, with new pots, switch and jack. It is wired to auto coil-split the humbucker in position 2. By the time I'd got round to finishing it up, I no longer needed a guitar with an FR. It has been sat on my rack ever since, hardly touched. It badly needs a setup, and would probably suit someone who knows what they are doing with Floyd Rose bridges. I do have the trem arm for it, just forgot to get it out for the pictures! The neck is lovely, great profile and almost flamey in places. Nice smooth rosewood board and the frets (all 24 of them) are in great condition also. I've left the reverse headstock original to avoid destroying the decals and serial number. Probably quite a rare thing these days

I don't have a case or box in which to send it, and given the nature of the refinish, I'd much rather someone saw it in person before handing over any money. 

£100 ONO, collection from Swindon, Kidlington, or Didcot-ish SOLD
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments