What about this massive Gumtree deal

What's Hot
CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 357
edited May 2014 in Amps
After a deal of discussion in this thread, it isn't for me, but it does sound like it's not miles off the right price.  Not sure about the sticker though.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/trainwreck-amp-head-and-zilla-fatboy-cab/1058169575#photo-content
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4327
    About the right price I'd say. Very nice shell, plus the VVR, £800, probably expects to be haggled down to £700?

Though the guy selling doesn't know his TW's. That would be an Express clone looks like a Ceriatone to me, Hot Rodded Marshall style not Vox.
  • jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2755
    Also a bit naughty putting the Trainwreck logo it.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    jpfamps said:
    Not condoning that, but out of curiosity does anyone actually own the trademark now?

It would look a lot less naff without it anyway...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 357
    hywelg said:
    About the right price I'd say. Very nice shell, plus the VVR, £800, probably expects to be haggled down to £700?

Though the guy selling doesn't know his TW's. That would be an Express clone looks like a Ceriatone to me, Hot Rodded Marshall style not Vox.
    Dunno.  What's the difference between that and the Victoria?
    edited April 2014
    Mark Image
    Word Mark TRAINWRECK
    Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: musical instrument amplifiers, [ musical instrument speakers, ] power attenuators and electronic tremolo apparatus. FIRST USE: 19820311. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19830101
    Mark Drawing Code (3) DESIGN PLUS WORDS, LETTERS, AND/OR NUMBERS
    Design Search Code 24.09.07 - Advertising, banners; Banners
    Serial Number 75432918
    Filing Date February 12, 1998
    Current Basis 1A
    Original Filing Basis 1A
    Published for Opposition March 9, 1999
    Registration Number 2249277
    Registration Date June 1, 1999
    Owner (REGISTRANT) Fischer, Kenneth INDIVIDUAL UNITED STATES 59 Preston Road Colonia NEW JERSEY 070672420

(LAST LISTED OWNER) FISCHER, SCOTT ALAN INDIVIDUAL UNITED STATES 825 CALLE MEJIA, APT. 1131 SANTA FE NEW MEXICO 87501

(LAST LISTED OWNER) FISCHER, MONA INDIVIDUAL UNITED STATES 825 CALLE MEJIA, APT. 1131 SANTA FE NEW MEXICO 87501

Assignment Recorded ASSIGNMENT RECORDED
    Attorney of Record Stephen L. Baker
    Type of Mark TRADEMARK
    Register PRINCIPAL
    Affidavit Text SECT 8 (6-YR). SECTION 8(10-YR) 20090520.
    Renewal 1ST RENEWAL 20090520
    Live/Dead Indicator LIVE
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4327
    Cacofonix said:
    Ken Fischer never made a Victoria amp. Express, Rocket, Liverpool and Dirty Little Monster are the more common ones. He might have made one called Victoria but thats because he gave every amp a girls name.
  • jpfamps;225633" said:
    Yup.

Terrible logo, though. I mean, really.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    hywelg said:
    Cacofonix said:
    Ken Fischer never made a Victoria amp. Express, Rocket, Liverpool and Dirty Little Monster are the more common ones. He might have made one called Victoria but thats because he gave every amp a girls name.
    Duh, Liverpool.

The logo is obviously paper.  It will probably fall off after about 10 minutes.  While I understand that the original Trainwrecks are great amps (there's a video showing a review of three originals together), I never understood why they, or any reissues, never had a handle on them. 

How inconvenient for non-studio use.
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3897
    Logo is terrible. Wouldn't mind owning the amp though. 
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12256

That was my amp, I ordered it new from Ceriatone,and specified the VVR and half power, it's a lovely amp

I had the cab made from scratch, oak sides and birds eye maple on the front. I didn't fit the logo

I sold it to a Pro from a well-known band, I assume he sorted out a flightcase for it

I have a handle I thought of fitting, but it goes against the original design. Incredibly light from an amp that loud btw, very easy to lift without a handle

The Liverpool was 4 x EL84

The Express is like a boutique  Marshally thing, but very famous, you can pay £30k for an original

if you roll off the volume it cleans up. With a lower-gain PI it can do JTM45 impressions too

btw, this amp is not the same one that was mentioned for sale on Gumtree & Electro for a year, I only sold this a few months ago
    edited May 2014
    Noted.  The one in Electro was built by someone in Sheffield and was the Liverpool.  I made an enquiry about it direct but he didn't want to deal, it seemed.  It didn't have the VVR.

I was interested. I needed vox sounds at the time, so it was on my "to try" list but when I got the cash together it had gone.

Edited first post for accuracy.