13»

Comments

• jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
    I have a checkered one I got free from Guitar Village with my purchase of a Vintage PG100LP or whatever it is.
    Rick Nielsen style. I did ask if they had an ordinary black one!!

=)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73027
    In spite of disagreements from some people I still think gig bags are evil
    Yeah, but you think Bigsbys are evil too, and maybe tuners? Can’t remember...

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4214
    Some are ridiculously expensive 
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9814
    sweepy said:
    Still cheaper than having to get your guitar mended though...
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    HAL9000 said:
    sweepy said:
    Still cheaper than having to get your guitar mended though...
    More expensive than a decent hardcase though and that's the crazy thing
    You can't tell me that a MOMO case deserves to be more than a decent hardcase, either ABS or full on flight case, tbh they are a rip off imho
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3697
    Don't overlook Protection Racket. Bulky but practical.
  • kt66kt66 Frets: 315
    I use their drum cases 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1024
    Got a decent quality Ritter rucksack bag, but it's just plain black. So no style points for me!
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    I'm currently developing a gig bag with a built in communications and entertainment centre. Fully Wifi and Bluetooth compatible. The front is a huge flexible led screen that can be programmed to show specific images or just put on shuffle for the quirky randomness.
    I'm accepting donations to fund this development.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Sassafras said:
    I'm currently developing a gig bag with a built in communications and entertainment centre. Fully Wifi and Bluetooth compatible. The front is a huge flexible led screen that can be programmed to show specific images or just put on shuffle for the quirky randomness.
    I'm accepting donations to fund this development.
    You could market it as an iSore
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73027
    sweepy said:
    You can't tell me that a MOMO case deserves to be more than a decent hardcase, either ABS or full on flight case, tbh they are a rip off imho
    If you mean Mono, have you ever used one? They're a very complex construction, a lot more than any standard gig bag, there's far more work in one than a hard case, and they have useful extra features that you don't get in a hard case either. Not a rip-off to be slightly more expensive than a good hard case - which only has *one* advantage over a gig bag, outright crush protection - if you need the different functionality.

Every single time gig bags are mentioned someone comes up with this "never trust a gig bag, only a hard case" nonsense. It really is about time some people took off the blinkers and realised how many people want to best transport and protect an instrument in the 21st century.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• RockerRocker Frets: 5022
    Rocker said:
    A gig bag is like a gun sleeve - it is there to do a job. Nothing more than that.  The guitar or gun can be transported just as easily without the gig bag or gun sleeve. Or has the Brexit fiasco created a sub forum type of humour that has not reached our shores yet?
    Good God you're old

I think you missed the (slightly) tongue in cheek element in my post.  If you tried to bring an unsleeved or uncased gun onto an Underground train, you would stop London.....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum