SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB bass amp for daughter - sorted now thank you

What's Hot
vizviz Frets: 10771
edited April 2019 in Basses £
Edit - Bass sorted. Still need an amp. 1x15 combo, nothing too expensive. What have we got?
Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14750
    How about a few clues, first, please?

For example, your daughter’s age will have some bearing on what constitutes a suitable size of instrument and, especially, a managable scale length.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3328
    Harley Benton, the Thomann own brand, are a great place to start for a bass on a budget if you have no luck secondhand.
  • vizviz Frets: 10771
    Thanks both. 
    Full size standard bass really.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12542
    I played a squire jaguar bass of @Fuengi s which is great. Matching headstock too. Less than £200. 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Where are you based? She could really do with trying a range. There’s such a difference in feel between the main contenders that you may end up with something she doesn’t get on with. 

There’s such a huge difference between a jazz and a Precision let alone a stingray style or something like a Warwick or countless other styles. 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3344
    edited March 2019
    I'm not sure what your budget is but if new, the Sire V3 - it's £199 at Andertons. If too much, an Ibanez, Squier or Sire used. The Sire will see her beyond her novice/beginner stage, if that's where she's at.

As to bass amps, a Roland Cube 30W, but the Fender Rumble 25 is fab. The latter seem to go for £80 - 100 used but new, they're only £120.

The Combo shown here in bold sound really good together.
    Awesome info chappies thank you very much :)
  • surfguy13surfguy13 Frets: 133
    PMd
    viz said:
    What have we got?
    "We" have got far more bass guitars than one person could conceivably play with two hands. A few of them could be spared, I am sure. ;)

Unfortunately, at the "nothing too expensive" end of the market, distance will be a major deciding factor in your purchase decision process.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5022
    Another vote for the Squire Jaguar. Great bass with lots of sonic options. Pair it with a Fender Rumble 100 and you are there.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Hi, I thought I'd just mention that I have a Hofner HCT 500/2 Club bass for sale on this forum. It's probably more than you    
    want to pay but I thought it may be of interest to you.
    The bass is lightweight and is short scale (30") which makes it very comfortable to play.
    This is a link to Thomann, hard case would be extra cost.

• ZoonyboyZoonyboy Frets: 169
    Go for one of those Squier SS Jaguar Basses (shorter scale like a Mustang Bass) brand new at well under £200, they are great! Lovely neck and frets and a great sound from the P/J p/ups. I have a few vintage Fenders and love to gig my cheap Jaguar instead, I don't know how they do it at the price. Its a pro bass.
    edited March 2019
    Ok - got a yamaha from lovely surfguy13 and now on the hunt for a 1x15 combo if anyone’s got one? Or spotted a good one on the net anywhere?
  • "bass and amp for daughter"

Doesn't sound like a bad trade that. I've often thought basses are far less trouble than daughters.

I've got room for another bass, and a nearly 14 year old, ginger, geordie daughter. Anyone? 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

"bass and amp for daughter"

Doesn't sound like a bad trade that. I've often thought basses are far less trouble than daughters.

I've got room for another bass, and a nearly 14 year old, ginger, geordie daughter. Anyone? 
    :))

Yes I should have put WTT - I’ve gone and ended up with a bass but still got the daughter!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    The Fender Rumble Studio 40 has features that will still be useful even after graduating to larger stage equipment.

Alternatively, how about a pre-owned Roland Micro Bass Cube RX?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FatfumbsFatfumbs Frets: 4
    I'd go for a Roland Cube 30 / 60 or 100. They come up often on eBay. Or Fender Rumble are pretty good
  • BadnotesBadnotes Frets: 48
    I have an Ashdown vintage 12 75watt combo if thats of any interest to you? Would be after £40 for it. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 739
    edited April 2019
    I have an SWR LA12? It’s 60w and built like a tank! 
    Yours for £90 delivered 

Might be interested