SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT - VHT Special 6 Ultra

pottolompottolom Frets: 114
edited March 2019 in Amps £
Combo version.

Had this about a year, bought new from Thomann. Hand-wired, all valve, and currently not available to purchase new from anywhere in the UK from what I can see.

It's in excellent shape. Only changes made are that I replaced the (naff) stock tubes with a couple of Tung-Sol 12AX7 and a JJ 6V6S.

This is the Ultra version, so amongst various additional features, it has an FX loop, 12 inch speaker and an additional (high gain) channel.

Wonderful blackface or tweed Champ tones on tap at the flick of a switch.

It's basically absolutely lovely and sounds superb, but I play clean only and it's just not quite loud enough and doesn't have quite enough headroom for the band I'm now playing in. So, I'd like to trade it for something with a few more watts, but also with a similar blackface tube vibe and of a similar trade value. Perhaps a Super Champ, something like that. Anyone got anything? 

I could potentially add a bit of money for something of a slightly higher value......

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DodgeDodge Frets: 1445
    Is a straight sale an option and where are you located?
  • pottolompottolom Frets: 114
    Certainly open to that. Based in Newcastle.
  • pottolompottolom Frets: 114
    Would sell for £200 collected from Newcastle. Could also deliver within reasonable radius.