John Petrucci - new rig

What's Hot
chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
http://geargods.net/video/john-petruccis-new-rig-is-actually-pretty-simple-for-petrucci-anyway/

What a bizarre rig!

Complete mash of rack, pedals and Axe FX, 

No one who had to do it themselves, or pay for it, would have a setup like that!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 357
    Is it just me?  I just don't "get" Dream Theater.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    Cacofonix said:
    Is it just me?  I just don't "get" Dream Theater.
    Add me to that club...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 222
    edited May 2014
    Tried the new album and skipped every track. Absolutely bloody awful.

For me once Kevin Moore left they weren't the same band.   Loved Images & Words and Awake albums tho.

• guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7974
    Seems a lot of effort to go to in order to keep using equipment he is endorsing.

Interesting that it is all 1x12 cabs though.
  • CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 357
    edited May 2014
    Off-thread comment removed.
  • mrn1989mrn1989 Frets: 240
    I disagree, I love Dream Theater and I own every single album and recently saw them at Wembley
    Fretboard Feedback https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58705/  ALSO Over 500+ 100% feedback eBay transactions 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    edited May 2014
    http://geargods.net/video/john-petruccis-new-rig-is-actually-pretty-simple-for-petrucci-anyway/

What a bizarre rig!

Complete mash of rack, pedals and Axe FX, 

No one who had to do it themselves, or pay for it, would have a setup like that!
    I think it's a pretty simple, sensible and well-thought-out rig by comparison with what a lot of big names use. Half a dozen pedals, a programmable preamp and an FX unit into a couple of power amps… very straightforward and logical, and not too hung up on getting "exact" studio sounds live.

I'm not a fan at all, but I still found it interesting.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• firks91firks91 Frets: 104
    edited May 2014
    mrn1989 said:
    I disagree, I love Dream Theater and I own every single album and recently saw them at Wembley
    i also love DT, probably my all time favourite band. there isn't any album that i dislike, but thats not to say all their songs are golden of course. 

they were excellent when i saw them at o2 in manchester. had the pleasure of meeting them too. 

it is kind of a strange rig though, but i wouldnt say all that complicated. i didn't even realise that he wasn't using the mark v at the moment. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
    tFB Trader
    Looks like a fairly sensible and straightforward rig to me. 

Compare it to the idiotic Josh Klinghoffer one and it looks positively basic.