Notre Dame on fire

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12318
    Garthy said:
    So in the balance of equality and doing the right thing who is selling all their gear and giving the proceeds to a charity or a beggar?

anyone ? 

No?

I wonder why that is.
    Fretboarders in general seem to be quite a generous lot with the needy I've noticed.

This has included in the case of members who are not me, but who should not go unrecognised, selling gear or donating gear to raise funds.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    Direct debits bro
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1770
    Where TF did you find that "picture"... jesus... 

Also - do you really find all the people raving about whether someone helped and donated for a rebuilt and others attacking them for not helping the poor and hungry? Just makes me happier that I don't do FB anymore...
  • Where TF did you find that "picture"... jesus... 

Also - do you really find all the people raving about whether someone helped and donated for a rebuilt and others attacking them for not helping the poor and hungry? Just makes me happier that I don't do FB anymore...
    What I've seen can largely be put into two classes - people who are outraged that rich people offered up money to fix the cathedral but not other causes like Grenfell, and then people who are attempted to show that other group up for the hypocrites they perceive them to be.

I find the meme funny, but in truth I do wonder what motivates people to want to fix a cathedral and not a housing block; or the displaced people from said housing block.

There's a lot of shades of grey to the discussion. But sometimes you just have to laugh at the absurdity of it all imho.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Where TF did you find that "picture"... jesus... 

What I've seen can largely be put into two classes - people who are outraged that rich people offered up money to fix the cathedral but not other causes like Grenfell, and then people who are attempted to show that other group up for the hypocrites they perceive them to be.

I find the meme funny, but in truth I do wonder what motivates people to want to fix a cathedral and not a housing block; or the displaced people from said housing block.

There's a lot of shades of grey to the discussion. But sometimes you just have to laugh at the absurdity of it all imho.

Agreed. I can't imagine they're bad people, that's more absurd than the situation in a way. 

The money will fund jobs, training - and hopefully push people into better maintaining a beautiful landmark. Perhaps there were big donors to victims of grenfell? Not sure tbh.