Home/backup amp ideas?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• LoobsLoobs Frets: 3856
    edited May 2014
    ICBM said:
    I really can't get a usable tone out of the Harlequin. Horrible middy, muddy, nasal things with no bottom end or top end. The best I can do is to turn the bass, treble and master up full, keep the volume low and use whichever position of the little switch makes it less awful (can't remember). Even then it's only tolerable rather than good. I know some people love them though! Well enough built, but… no.
    Totally agreed. One of the worst amps I've ever heard. Owned one for quite a while. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Loobs said:
    How loud do you play at home? I find a Roland cube more than adequate. 
    Unplugged electric at the moment, I'm just fucking sick of Amplitube unless I'm recording ideas for my band. A proper amp tone is what I'm after and I will work around volumes as and when. 
  • CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 357
    edited May 2014
    Cacofonix said:
    I'm with Cacofonix about the Hurricane. It's the one I always use, and it's just occurred to me that my backup amp is also a Hurricane. :)
    One of the reasons I bought it was your music on Hard Rock Candy, tbh.  Great sounds even in a pub setting.

Really? Much obliged, can you now tell all the local pub landlords?

Edit: my comment not really that funny.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    It's OK. I'll take whatever I can get.

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4222
    Not a sausage , my 20w is basically the Fender Blues Jnr with a standby switch . I had them side by side, the PCB is very similar, indeed I imagine that they are off the same assy line and factory . It has EHX valves and my 20w is damn near silent .:)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2185
    I keep forgetting how tempting Jetcity amps are! Damn you @digitalscream :P
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.