Joyo PXL Pro switcher

What's Hot

Comments

• It looks about right, but I'm thinking of something more flexible - possibly a modular approach: central control unit, and then buy extra loop/switching/signal path modules as necessary. Theirs can only handle a single signal path (which is the main selling point of the Joyo in the OP).
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29146
    You probably wouldn't even need to have different modules - you could have one module that is itself reconfigurable.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    JOYO tell me that their midi version should be ready by NAMM. So next January basically.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • i have no need for midi so i like
    How very rock and roll
  • Drew_fx said:
    JOYO tell me that their midi version should be ready by NAMM. So next January basically.
    Interesting. If they did a programmable 4 loop version with MIDI I'd be keen, the 8 is probably too big for me. I've been building an all MIDI board I can have by the amp with just a FCB1010 on stage, but this would allow me to have a compact board for stage with my drives and my Nova System off behind the amp somewhere for delays, reverbs etc, which would stop me having to run an FX loop on stage but also have my current drives and not breaking the bank.
  • i have no need for midi so i like
    That's what I thought...but now I've got a quandary - when Jet City release their FLEX amps (fully MIDI-controllable, not just channel switching), I'm likely to go back over to a MIDI-based rig. Looks like I may have to wait until January for one of these bad boys...
    <space for hire>
  • I'm pretty old school in terms of effects switching. Perhaps someone might summarise and explain the benefits of midi switching for amps.
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    vasselmeyer;27395" said:
    I'm pretty old school in terms of effects switching. Perhaps someone might summarise and explain the benefits of midi switching for amps.
    If you're using MIDI control to manage your effects switching then having a MIDI capable amp means you can integrate channel switching etc into a bigger set up and have one button change your amp channel, switch the pedals you want on/off and change any patches in multi fx etc.
    digitalscream;26849" said:
    It looks about right, but I'm thinking of something more flexible - possibly a modular approach: central control unit, and then buy extra loop/switching/signal path modules as necessary. Theirs can only handle a single signal path (which is the main selling point of the Joyo in the OP).
    I've spoken to the guys at Buzz about that - they can build with all manner of custom options including putting a split signal path in. You can program individual buttons to be patch based or single function too (such as one button that is always boost on/off, irrespective of other settings). I was looking into integrating an A/B/Y switch with one of their loopers, which is do-able too.

The only problem is that the hardware they use is limited to 8 relays - I could have A/B, Y, channel switch but only four switches left for loops. They do build one with a MIDI out that sends program change messages so could be expanded that way.
    Drew_fx;26709" said:
    FWIW, I got word back from Rocktron. The FloorMate 8 does not allow you to switch banks with your feet, nor does it allow you to send midi bank/up messages to change banks. So effectively even though they offer 128 presets, you only get access to 8 of them at one time. What a jip.
    As far as I know it takes two stomps to change presets on the Rocktron unit too, although I don't know if that was sorted with newer firmware.

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27086
    edited October 2013
    Mild necro-bump here, but there's somebody in the UK with these things:

That's the last one, but I suspect they'll be getting more in stock.

In other news, if you search Google for joyo pxl pro, this thread is the fourth result. Pretty good going, I reckon...
    <space for hire>
  • ragingbenragingben Frets: 107
    I had a brief email discussion with JOYO about these and they confirmed there is a MIDI version coming out, I'm hanging for that for now.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Yeah I think a midi version could solve all my problems. Depends on how they implement it of course...
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16380
    OK, that looks seriously good. For anybody who doesn't want to watch the video or search for the specs...

It has 8 switchable loops, which can either run all in a chain *or* you can split them into two separate signal chains of 4 loops (one before the amp, one in the effects loop). In addition, it has a mutable tuner out, and - critically - four trigger switches for controlling amp functions.

If only it had a MIDI interface, it'd be just about perfect. As it is...I'm seriously considering one of these.

While we're at it, they seem to have put together a new delay pedal...

Missed that first time around. As I understand it gives two pre sets ( ie you can set up a pre set with delay type, time,etc), has tap tempo and retails at about $75. Neat.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • That delay kinda makes it look like Joyo and (possibly) other cheap Chinese factories are moving away from rip offs and are developing their very own effects.  I read a report about the Chinese music industry going through a bit of a boom, I think, so maybe there will be some new advances being made.

Happy times!
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
    I'd be interested if joyo come up with something like the gigrig's G2 where you can select multiple fx on the strymon möbius through its midi control for example. Only a matter of time I guess.

Will certainly give gigrig a run for its money though.
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Necro- bump: anyone bought/used ?
    "Nobody needs more than 20 strats." Mike Landau
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1831
    here...this is my PXL Live ramblings....

• I bought the PXL Pro. Very solid piece of kit; excellent switches and pretty easy to get your head around. Shit manual.
  • @welshboyo May I congratulate you on a sweet board and excellent choice of pedals - just looking at that I'd like to hear you live.

Will post a pic of my big board (Midi 8) some time!
    "Nobody needs more than 20 strats." Mike Landau