I've bought an Ibanez Echo Shifter. (EDIT - and it doesn't work properly any more)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    edited May 2014
    If it's busted and you haven't done anything that might have busted it then they need to give you your money back.
    Fair enough.

I don't know if I want the money back, I think I'd like another one (although I'd be worried about reliability after this little incident...)
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18304
    tFB Trader
    That's up to you, but the rules are if you buy something that doesn't last as long as you should reasonably expect it to and you haven't done anything unreasonable to it (and that can be quite a long time) then you are entitled to your money back.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7339
    Ibanez will cover it.

My one I sent back to the place I bought it from as the 'Mix' control did nothing when I first got it and Ibanez fixed and turned it around in about 10 days or so (it had velcro on it as well).

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2460
    Bucket said:
    viz said:
    Definitely not the cable?
    I've tried it with three different power supplies and about a million different cables!

@monquixote I've taken off the rubber feet and stuck velcro on it. Hopefully I can reverse the process without screwing it up, otherwise the shop might not take it back, am I right?
    If it's busted and you haven't done anything that might have busted it then they need to give you your money back.
    Agreed. I'd have said (and I should clarify, I'm no lawyer >:D< ) that sticking velcro on the bottom is pretty much common usage for a pedal. If sticking velcro on the bottom voids the warranty that's just not on (in my opinion).

Sucks it's not working, but Coda should replace it, yeah.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18304
    tFB Trader
    Dave_Mc said:
    Bucket said:
    viz said:
    Definitely not the cable?
    I've tried it with three different power supplies and about a million different cables!

@monquixote I've taken off the rubber feet and stuck velcro on it. Hopefully I can reverse the process without screwing it up, otherwise the shop might not take it back, am I right?
    Agreed. I'd have said (and I should clarify, I'm no lawyer >:D< ) that sticking velcro on the bottom is pretty much common usage for a pedal. If sticking velcro on the bottom voids the warranty that's just not on (in my opinion).

Sucks it's not working, but Coda should replace it, yeah.
    Warranty is irrelevant if something isn't fit for purpose. They aren't doing you a favour they have to replace / refund. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2014
    Oh I agree. Maybe I should have phrased that better. :))
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 938
    I had to send an EHX Hot Tubes back to HotRox under warranty and they told that it was tainted as I had put velcro on the bottom so they couldn't replace it, instead they had to repair it.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    I took it back today (having peeled the velcro off and replaced the rubber feet) and they exchanged it for a new one, no fuss.

Coda Music great as always.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Bucket;251788" said:
    I took it back today (having peeled the velcro off and replaced the rubber feet) and they exchanged it for a new one, no fuss.

Nice one.

Hopefully this one will last, it looks like a great pedal!
    Bucket said:

Great news :)
  • iseverynamegoneiseverynamegone Frets: 1580
    edited May 2014
    Johnnyseven;251777" said:
    I had to send an EHX Hot Tubes back to HotRox under warranty and they told that it was tainted as I had put velcro on the bottom so they couldn't replace it, instead they had to repair it.
    Another reason to avoid them , beyond the poor service thread we had in here a while ago .

Good job on the exchange. Those pedals look the mutts.