Television Guarantee - SORTED

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SeshSesh Frets: 1872
    Glad it is sorted. 
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1957
    Excellent news :-)

• TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4872
    I’m very happy to have been wrong. Enjoy! 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73026
    I’m very happy to have been wrong. Enjoy! 
    Likewise!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1177
    No need for humble pie guys, I've been happy to receive your inputs as it has allowed me to view the situation from perspectives other than my own.
    My approach to JL throughout has been factual, firm and polite and justice has prevailed.
    It's been a frustrating experience, but I think John Lewis have come out of it in a favourable light at the end of the day.  I wouldn't buy a tv anywhere else now.  Just shows the importance of recording time and personnel details so you can refer back in case of dispute.
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    If it was a car that was written off then the insurance policy dies with the car.

Very helpful thread, I now know where I will be buying my next TV from.
  • steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1177
    mbe said:
    If it was a car that was written off then the insurance policy dies with the car.

Very helpful thread, I now know where I will be buying my next TV from.
    It wasn't an insurance policy taken out by me.  The guarantee was free with the tv supplied by the retailer.  That's the difference.
    Maybe they'll change their policy after the internal stink I've caused.  The right hand certainly didn't know what the left hand was doing.  Sounds like my guitar playing  ;).