SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD 1981 GIBSON Les Paul Heritage 80 Standard Series 59 Reissue

What's Hot
CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2061
edited September 2019 in Guitars £
Sold Pending Collection Weds

I have been reunited with this beauty thanks to the allure of my 67 355 so now its available again for someone else to enjoy...

The merry go round continues. I will keep all the original content from the previous sale inc price, ideally looking for cash but I find that being open to PX helps convert higher value stuff to cash quicker so feel free to enquire.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outstanding Les Paul this is Gibson's early attempt to recreate the 59 Les Paul and loaded with Tim Shaw paf's these are held by many in higher regard than their modern R9 counterparts. All original with original case. Shows signs of play wear consistent with age but nothing of note to highlight. Oh and its heavy!! I will try and update with weight but I would be surprised if its less than 10lbs

I would love to keep this but have one guitar too many now and want to get off this trading merry go round I seem to be stuck on so ideally looking for cash however will consider cash heavy px for US Fender of Gibson guitars or a decent amp for home use CARR, Toneking etc

£3500 

Happy to post or can be collected from West Lothian or Glasgow areas of Scotland.

Heritage 80 Les Paul Models 

Only 2,500 made across the series during 1980, 1981, 1982 With the exception of a few Kalamazoo-built prototypes or “one offs” in circulation, all Heritage 80's were made in the Nashville plant between 1980 and 1982. These LPs have a unique sharp and wide cutaway at the horn, Grover kidney tuners, and an eight digit serial number with four digit second number beneath it.
There does not appear to be any pattern to the second four digit number – it was used for marketing reasons to distinguish these guitars as limited editions by Bruce Bolen, then head of R&D. They have a unique headstock shape. 
They are generally on the heavy side (high 9's to high 10 lbs.), have the thin binding in cutaway, small black side dot markers, and a Nashville bridge. The back plates for the control cavity and switch are brown. The Gibson logo on the headstock has a closed “b” and “o” and a dot over the “i”. 
The necks on these guitars are of medium thickness. While not as close in terms of vintage specifications, they are well regarded guitars by many players and collectors and have excellent fit, finish, tone, and playability. 
Tim Shaw of Gibson at the time designed reissue PAFs for them, which sound very good and have come to be known as "Shaw PAFs" in the collector community. The pickups are one double white and one zebra under the covers. The truss rod covers are inscribed with the model names. 
The Heritage Series Standard 80 has a three piece neck and rosewood fretboard.  
The truss rod cover is inscribed with “Heritage Series Standard 80”. 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DavemateDavemate Frets: 68
    Lovely guitars ive had 2  over the years and enjoyed them both ,they are well worth investing in now. Glws
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2061
    Thanks @Davemate it’s a beauty but you can’t keep em all unfortunately 
  • xJonnysixstringxJonnysixstring Frets: 326
    edited May 2019
    Great guitars, I have had a standard and currently an Elite, both are/were excellent! I wouldn’t sell mine unless the price was right or for a solid investment instrument. These are the first of the 59 reissues, very solid investment for any buyer! GLWS
  • jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2476
    Rare, possibly one-off one piece neck on this one too! Used to be mine and it sustains for days, lovely Les Paul
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @Jonnysixstring @jimmyguitar Thanks guys, I have 2 electrics and one has to go. The other is a pre cbs Fender so no shame in this one being second choice and I am sure it will be a great first choice for someone or a great addition for somebody who wants a collection of guitars rather than one electric one acoustic. 
  • CMW335 said:
    @Jonnysixstring @jimmyguitar Thanks guys, I have 2 electrics and one has to go. The other is a pre cbs Fender so no shame in this one being second choice and I am sure it will be a great first choice for someone or a great addition for somebody who wants a collection of guitars rather than one electric one acoustic. 
    Well if fancy an Elite I’ll take the pre CBS off your hands
    CMW335 said:
    Well if fancy an Elite I’ll take the pre CBS off your hands
    Thanks mate but pretty sure I have my keeper  :)
  • reece01204reece01204 Frets: 58
    What a stunning guitar glwts
    Thanks @reece01204 ;
    Bump
    edited May 2019
    Bump.

Some specific trade options I would consider
    With cash my way. I have included what I would value each guitar at so it’s easier to see if a deal suits 

R9 - £3k
    R8 - £2.2k
    R7 - £2k
    Gibson J200 £2k
    Fender CS Strat - £2k (May vary up or down based on spec)

Amps in region £1k-£2k

Toneking, Carr, Milkman, Lazy J, vintage fender, Vox 

Bump

Trade options not limited to those quoted in previous post. Let me know what you have.
    Another bump
    On hold
    edited September 2019
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Bump. Back with me and available again