Just had a go with LePou 456 - with quick sample

What's Hot
ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7560
edited May 2014 in Amps
HOLY SHIT BALLS

Knocked this up just now in about 2 minutes - just copied and pasted one take, panned hard left, hard right and centre.  Hopefully, tomorrow I can do a full length song and try to play more.

I'm so glad I persevered.  Pod farm is 'okay' for tones, just, barely, but is fizzy and pretty... Digital sounding for high gain, even with careful eq plugin use.

Just spent 10 minutes jamming through this and Torpedo Wall of Sound on an edited preset and it sounds fucking massive.  

I won't be using the bandit to record low volume anymore.  I'm not sure I'll use it for recording at all.

It's as tight or as loose as you want it to be, and the eq works as you'd expect it to on an amp.  

And it sounds MASSIVE.  I've not even double tracked with it, just jammed with it as a plugin (so there is latency for monitoring) and it sounds great.  

Double tracking and hard panning should make shit get real.  
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    Glad you've got it working nicely :) Any clips?

Pretty sure I suggested that this morning and got dismissed though ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Haha I said I was planning on trying LE456 to be fair!

It's just blown the other models out of the water for me.  It really has.  

I still want an AMT P2, not least because I reckon it'll sound epic running straight into the power amp, and would offer me great recording tones with cab IR's, as well as a super quick, simple way of recording late night ideas, but this has really, really blown me away.  

There is still a digital harshness to it, but it's not that noticeable and I've literally pretty much tweaked for 2 minutes.  No EQ plugin or anything, just amp and cab sims. 

Even if that harshness is there all the time, it's hardly anything at all, and it'd disappear when bass and drums are mixed.  

Seriously, this has been a massive eye opener.  And it's not noisy! 
  • I'm working tomorrow, but I might see if I can knock a quick riff up in the morning.  

Apologies for poor playing in advance.
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7560
    edited May 2014
    Super quick demo added - literally loaded up lepou, dialled in for 30 seconds, added a cab impulse preset from Torpedo and went with it.

I had it sounding so much better last night, but that's a pretty much 'not even trying sound' and I still think it's perfectly usable for demos.

Now I'm off to work, ciao!
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    Nice!

To me, the absence of noise makes up for any "character" you might feel is missing?

Being able to tweak the sound when mixing is a big advantage too.
  • chrispy108;230845" said:
    Nice!

To me, the absence of noise makes up for any "character" you might feel is missing?

Being able to tweak the sound when mixing is a big advantage too.
    Yeah, I think so.

It sounds good with proper double tracking, where slight differences really give a 3d effect.