SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB EBMM Albert Lee SSS

What's Hot
melodmelod Frets: 136
edited September 2019 in Guitars £
I am having a bit of a love affair with Musicman guitars recently ...being vertically challenged helps with that

A bit of a long shot but was wondering if anyone had an SSS. Missed on one a couple of years ago and it is haunting me

Open to colours and bridge types 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1571
    Are you @hotpickups? ;)
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
    Are you @hotpickups? ;)
    Lol absolutely @Majorscale ;
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • melodmelod Frets: 136
    Are you @hotpickups? ;)
    Is it a long queue ?;)
    melod said:
    Are you @hotpickups? ;)
    Is it a long queue ?;)
    Lol well two of us at least 
    melod said:
    Are you @hotpickups? ;)
    Is it a long queue ?;)
    Oh darn .... 

The pinkburst is so nice and unique . Musicman sometimes is like PRS , perfectly capable of producing lovely finishes only to make the wrong choices most of the time.

I am sure I will end up buying a new one at some point only for a pinkburst to show up a day later here :)
    edited May 2019
    melod said:
    melod said:
    Are you @hotpickups?
    Lol absolutely @Majorscale ;;;
    Is it a long queue ?;)
    Oh darn .... 

The pinkburst is so nice and unique . Musicman sometimes is like PRS , perfectly capable of producing lovely finishes only to make the wrong choices most of the time.

I am sure I will end up buying a new one at some point only for a pinkburst to show up a day later here
    That’s where you’ll see me.... the very next day  Posting a NGD thread

The irony @melod is I think that pinkburst took a long time to sell. In fact I don’t think it sold on here in the end 
    melod said:
    melod said:
    Are you @hotpickups?
    Is it a long queue ?;)
    Oh darn .... 

I am sure I will end up buying a new one at some point only for a pinkburst to show up a day later here

The irony @melod is I think that pinkburst took a long time to sell. In fact I don’t think it sold on here in the end 
    Yeah I think that is the case indeed. Ok , I wouldn’t say no to a p90 version as well.

The thing is that when I first tried it I was not looking for a strat style guitar as my only very good guitar was a strat. After you get used to Musicman guitars though everything feels unnecessarily big .. unless it is a nice hollow body.

The hunt continues 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    melod said:
    melod said:
    melod said:
    Are you @hotpickups?
    Is it a long queue ?;)
    Oh darn .... 

Yeah I think that is the case indeed. Ok , I wouldn’t say no to a p90 version as well.

The thing is that when I first tried it I was not looking for a strat style guitar as my only very good guitar was a strat. After you get used to Musicman guitars though everything feels unnecessarily big .. unless it is a nice hollow body.

The hunt continues 
    I did find an alternative but it weren't cheap :(
    Go no further ! Lol 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16301
    I'm a bit of an Albert Lee veteran.........having had them all I think the HH is by far the best version.....the pickups are quite hot but very thin/ articulate and give a very Firebird/mini hum bucker type tone when vol is wound back to 8 yet they can roar when fully cranked.
    The in-between out of phase single coil sounds are great as the buckers split making it the most versatile tool PLUS you get the incredible full rosewood neck which is just ergonomically superb in the hand.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    This itch just won’t go! So I am much more open to colours and bridges but I would like the SSS.

Make my Sunday great again