SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB expression pedal for HX FX

What's Hot
relic245relic245 Frets: 1108

I need an expression pedal to use with my hx fx.  What have you got? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12248
    Boss FV-500L
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4992
    I use the Line 6 pedal. It works as it should and there are no funny behaviours or loss of range that other people seem to be getting from other pedals. It's not, however, a very sexy pedal and it might not take harsh treatment too well - but mine works fine and I look after it. There's a Mission Engineering pedal that also works with the HX.

From memory, the spec Line 6 are looking for with this unit is a tip/sleeve connection with a 10KOhm linear potentiometer in the pedal. 

People say they can get other pedals working with it, but you never really know if they're getting the full range of CC values being calculated from the full range use of the pedal. I've heard people say things like "I use it as a volume pedal but it never goes totally quiet".  
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3434
    edited May 2019
    @Jonathanthomas83 has one - I just bought one off him:

http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/155061/fs-2x-mission-engineering-ep-1-black-expression-pedals

He's a very nice chap. You should buy it from him.
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3499
    edited May 2019
    Thank you for the kind words @PC_Dave that means a lot! What a gentleman.

Yep EP-1 is a great expression pedal. Yours if you want it @relic245 ;
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • yorkioyorkio Frets: 176
    I've got a Line 6 expression pedal you can have for £20 delivered. I bought it thinking it would work as a standard expression pedal but that turned out not to be the case so while it's in tidy enough condition, I've never actually tested it myself.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 1108
    Boss FV-500L
    Thanks, after googling it there seems to be people reporting issues with this pedal and the hx FX do thanks but I'll pass.

Thank you for the kind words @PC_Dave that means a lot! What a gentleman.

Yep EP-1 is a great expression pedal. Yours if you want it @relic245 ;
    Thanks, I want but mostly for home use this is probably a bit over engineered for my needs. also a bit over budget

yorkio said:
    I've got a Line 6 expression pedal you can have for £20 delivered. I bought it thinking it would work as a standard expression pedal but that turned out not to be the case so while it's in tidy enough condition, I've never actually tested it myself.
    Thanks, thats a good price but I feel a bit uncomfortable buying it if you're not 100% sure that it's working.
  • redrighthandredrighthand Frets: 748
    One of these will work with a stereo (TTS insert I believe) cable (shameless for sale thread plug) http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/154423/fs-ernie-ball-volume-pedal-jr-60-delivered#latest
    Many thanks for all of your replies. I'm now sorted cheers