What's Hot
2»

Comments

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13036
    edited May 2019
    £60m goalkeeper
    £75m defender
    £200m+ wage bill

Heart definitely bleeding for those plucky reds. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    £60m goalkeeper
    £75m defender
    £200m+ wage bill

Heart definitely bleeding for those plucky reds round about now. 

Lmao sorry you're just being difficult to get a reaction, I get it now. Carry on.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7215
    underdog said:
    I'm not sure that watching fans of a team with a £60m goalkeeper and a £200m+ wage bill tie themselves in knots pretending their team isn't also spending insane sums of money will ever stop being hilarious.

Are you really that daft you can't see the difference between spending money from player sales and club profits and having made up over price sponsorship deals to buy whoever you want.

We bought our world class keeper and world class centre back by selling a midfielder to Barca last season and selling a CB to palace. 

If everyone played within the rules then there's be nothing to complain about would there. Look at Chelsea's fortunes now Roman has stopped bankrolling the team.
    I'll be honest, the money in football is utterly obscene and has been for some time. But, you do know, you're beginning to sound a little bit like a sore loser.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13036
    underdog said:
    £60m goalkeeper
    £75m defender
    £200m+ wage bill

Heart definitely bleeding for those plucky reds round about now. 

Lmao sorry you're just being difficult to get a reaction, I get it now. Carry on.

If someone stating facts is difficult for your argument its normally a bad sign :-P
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    tony99 said:
    underdog said:
    I'm not sure that watching fans of a team with a £60m goalkeeper and a £200m+ wage bill tie themselves in knots pretending their team isn't also spending insane sums of money will ever stop being hilarious.

Are you really that daft you can't see the difference between spending money from player sales and club profits and having made up over price sponsorship deals to buy whoever you want.

We bought our world class keeper and world class centre back by selling a midfielder to Barca last season and selling a CB to palace. 

If everyone played within the rules then there's be nothing to complain about would there. Look at Chelsea's fortunes now Roman has stopped bankrolling the team.
    I'll be honest, the money in football is utterly obscene and has been for some time. But, you do know, you're beginning to sound a little bit like a sore loser.

Really? For defending myself saying we done well to keep up with a team who has the resources they do? How odd. 

I think if you go back many months I said Liverpool wouldn't win it, said city would be too strong etc, and I'm genuinely over the moon with the season we've had. So I'm sore at nothing mate really I'm not.

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7215
    underdog said:
    tony99 said:
    underdog said:

Really? For defending myself saying we done well to keep up with a team who has the resources they do? How odd. 

I think if you go back many months I said Liverpool wouldn't win it, said city would be too strong etc, and I'm genuinely over the moon with the season we've had. So I'm sore at nothing mate really I'm not.

Yeah you never kept up with them though, they finished with more points.

Just out of interest, do you think the better team won the league?
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • underdog said:
    underdog said:
    prowla said:
    Man City at 4-1 looks like a done deal.

Liverpool the bridesmaids again.

Aye seasons dead and over with. Oh no hang on still got the champions League to fall back on.

The funny thing is, I'm sure City would swap places with us given the choice, as we would with them. They'd rather the CL and we'd rather the league title.

I've loved this season, the fact we could run City to within a point given the resources available to them is amazing, and am really happy with how the club is going. 

We have not lost at Anfield for 2 seasons, had 2 players top the scoring charts, our centre back won player of the year, our LB and RB have assist stats that most midfield players would be happy with and our keeper has the most clean sheets.

Also really helps seeing Man U 32 points below us.
    @underdog What's the charity of your choice to get that tenner to on the bet we had a bit back? 

I lose. 

At least this MUFC has some bloody honour left....

Fair play to you mate. I thought about our bet this afternoon funny enough. I wanted to donate it to fans supporting food banks, but there doesn't seem to be a way to donate money. 

So how's about next time it's convenient you donate £10 worth of food to your local foodbank and I will do the same at my local in your honour?
    Great choice.

Consider it done. 
    tony99 said:
    underdog said:
    tony99 said:
    underdog said:

Yeah you never kept up with them though, they finished with more points.

Just out of interest, do you think the better team won the league?

We kept within one point of them over 38 games when the next closest team was 26 points off, I'd say that was keeping up with them, wouldn't you?

Honestly yes, they have a much better squad than us, like I said for months.
    underdog said:
    underdog said:
    prowla said:
    Man City at 4-1 looks like a done deal.

Liverpool the bridesmaids again.

Aye seasons dead and over with. Oh no hang on still got the champions League to fall back on.

The funny thing is, I'm sure City would swap places with us given the choice, as we would with them. They'd rather the CL and we'd rather the league title.

I've loved this season, the fact we could run City to within a point given the resources available to them is amazing, and am really happy with how the club is going. 

We have not lost at Anfield for 2 seasons, had 2 players top the scoring charts, our centre back won player of the year, our LB and RB have assist stats that most midfield players would be happy with and our keeper has the most clean sheets.

Also really helps seeing Man U 32 points below us.
    @underdog What's the charity of your choice to get that tenner to on the bet we had a bit back? 

I lose. 

At least this MUFC has some bloody honour left....

Fair play to you mate. I thought about our bet this afternoon funny enough. I wanted to donate it to fans supporting food banks, but there doesn't seem to be a way to donate money. 

So how's about next time it's convenient you donate £10 worth of food to your local foodbank and I will do the same at my local in your honour?
    Great choice.

Consider it done. 

Cool mate, thanks, will do the same tomorrow at my local Tesco.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14750
    tFB Trader
    Zoolooter said:
    For excitement I'd rather Liverpool were playing Ajax in the final - really don't want a cagey game against Spurs that may go either way.
    I think likewise - The game against Spurs will be a touch cagey for a while

LFC next year can have a free new player available - Harry Wilson - One of the best players in the EFL, on loan at Derby, from LFC - Well worth a try with the LFC 1st team - Great shot in open play + set pieces - 17 goals this year and most from outside the box - Far to good for the EFL - Can see him as a wide option in a midfield 3 - The new youngster that Lallana should have been - He might not make the 1st team straight away, but great as a bench player and build from there
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31120
    Why do you need to know?

Are you looking to fench some instruments?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2019
    Zoolooter said:
    For excitement I'd rather Liverpool were playing Ajax in the final - really don't want a cagey game against Spurs that may go either way.
    I think likewise - The game against Spurs will be a touch cagey for a while

LFC next year can have a free new player available - Harry Wilson - One of the best players in the EFL, on loan at Derby, from LFC - Well worth a try with the LFC 1st team - Great shot in open play + set pieces - 17 goals this year and most from outside the box - Far to good for the EFL - Can see him as a wide option in a midfield 3 - The new youngster that Lallana should have been - He might not make the 1st team straight away, but great as a bench player and build from there

Next season Liverpool have Wilson and Brewster that look very promising, we also missed the Ox for most of this year, and Gomez for a lot of it too. We will also have a fully settled Kieta.

There's also a couple of other youngsters that will be pushing in pre season.

I was reading fellow fans on twitter this morning saying we needed to make this summer transfer window a good one etc, I argued what's the point in having a youth system if you're not going to give them a shot. Worked out ok with Trent.

I think Liverpool need to find a good choice forward that can rotate with the front 3 most, after that it's just squad options unless we can get real world class for the midfield.