Line 6 AM4 Amp Modeller

What's Hot
guitarcookie1guitarcookie1 Frets: 469
There's one of these for sale in a shop local to me for £60 and was thinking of picking it up to run before my M9, into a clean amp.

Any thoughts on these?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10343
    what amp do you have?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • guitarcookie1guitarcookie1 Frets: 469

what amp do you have?
    Ampmaker Double Six - leave the fat switch off & keep the tone stack in and it's clean all the way up to max volume.

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10343
    Personally I wouldn't bother with the pedal myself. 

If you really want to put an amp emulation over your exisiting amp (bearing in mind you amp will alter the sound as well) I would go with a pod. They are £50 and you can get additional use out of it. (Works as a spare amp, a recording tool etc)

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12766
    £60?

Erm... sorry but these are worth £20-30max.

If you use a clean amp, then they give you some different EQ/distortion flavours... but really, that's about all. They aren't very good...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• guitarcookie1guitarcookie1 Frets: 469
    impmann said:
    £60?

Erm... sorry but these are worth £20-30max.

If you use a clean amp, then they give you some different EQ/distortion flavours... but really, that's about all. They aren't very good...
    A quick check on eBay & there are completed listings from £30 upwards; think I'll give it a miss at that price then...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom