SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD 1970 EHX Big Muff PI V1 Triangle - Trade for Strymon Pedals

What's Hot
CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2061
edited July 2019 in FX £
Incredible pedal but too much of an extravagance for me who mostly plays rhythm with the little time I have to play these days. Came with non original plastic knobs which have now been changed to the ones shown in the pics. A tone pot appears to have been replaced and some wiring substituted with better shielded cable all else original.

£650 posted or I would consider trading for other pedals or maybe toward a guitar

5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2061
    Bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Wouldn’t mind knowing the reason behind the lol on this one?
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1091
    Very cool
    Thanks @mburekenge ; :)
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    CMW335 said:
    Wouldn’t mind knowing the reason behind the lol on this one?
    Probably the price fella, at a guess
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 4011
    Some people just reflexively lol at the word "muff"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @meltedbuzzbox I just don’t get the mentality of people who feel the need to do that especially behind the anonymity of a lol. I see overpriced stuff on here all the time even guitars marked up by hundreds/thousands more than they were sold for on this very forum but never feel compelled to derail someone’s ad. For anyone genuinely interested IMO the pedal is priced fairly and I am selling it at what I paid. Check the actual sold prices from Reverb and factor in these are mostly US based and pedal is rarely available here 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    prlgmnr said:
    Some people just reflexively lol at the word "muff"
    Now that’s more acceptable  =)
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9799

I admit, I LOLed, nothing personal (I checked the Reverb prices before), but simply the fact that they command such high prices when they a) are cheaply made from a handful of common components, and b) there are loads of manufacturers, including EHX themselves, producing exact copies of the circuit for about a tenth of the price.

Can't blame you at all for the pricing, I hope you find a buyer soon!

I admit, I LOLed, nothing personal (I checked the Reverb prices before), but simply the fact that they command such high prices when they a) are cheaply made from a handful of common components, and b) there are loads of manufacturers, including EHX themselves, producing exact copies of the circuit for about a tenth of the price.

Can't blame you at all for the pricing, I hope you find a buyer soon!

That's all fine, thanks for clearing it up. I don't take it personally and am not upset I just don't get why people do it? Goes against the spirit of the forum to undermine honest sales and I genuinely don't think people realise the knock on effect of what they are doing when hitting lols in classifieds or posting negative often veiled comments. If I see something I think is overpriced my only instinct is to not waste any of my time looking at it and move on.

Don't think you meant any harm and I accept I am the one who has drawn attention to it so probably damaged my own chances of selling by prompting you to out the pedal as being cheaply made from a handful of components  =) 

I am confident someone will appreciate my big muff (had to get one in) for what it is and if not maybe one day I will get good enough to make proper use of it... now where's that phonebox time machine Bill & Ted's excellent adventures  :)

Bump

This is the one place I thought this pedal would have got some appreciation but seems to have attracted mostly ridicule sadly... will persevere and bump in any case.

If anyone is interested in it I am happy to use it in px for a guitar or would also take single or multiple pedals in trade or px with cash. 
    May be good idea to specify guitar wise I would be interested only in Gibson/Fender or Martin USA guitars
    Bump
    Bump 

Now looking for cash sale or trade for other Pedals particularly Strymon but will consider any others. 
    Bump would still consider using this as a make weight to buy a more expensive item, guitar, amp, mic etc...
    try me
    Bump
    Sold...well traded but gone either way.