Do I 'need' a Line 6 HX Effects?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• markslade07markslade07 Frets: 841
    I’ve been playing with mine for a couple of weeks. Only really set up a couple of basic patches just with a few effects if need for the band, but so far, absolutely loving it. I can get a vague patch set up in just a few mins using HX Edit software and then just tweak as I need to. 
    Used it at rehearsal last week and the drives are so much better than the M13 which is mainly what I wanted. The effects are also a lot more (not sure what word to use but) natural and deeper sounding. 

Trying to to work out how to use snapshots for the bands gig....I’m sure it’s pretty easy, just need the time to sit and work it all out

If I had the money, I’d definitely want the full fat version! Bloody GAS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3611
    ESBlonde said:
    OK DHL have delivered a HX Effects to home, I can't wait to get home a fiddle with it.

Watch this space.

OK so a couple of hours playing about. Reading the online .pdf manual before helped, but it's not super intuitive without ( I use multiple pieces of software/PCs all day). That said a quick peek at the sundry online video guides the shops etc. have posted gets you into the power of it really quickly.
    I suspect it has far more power than I shall use on a typical gig, I'm going to try to avoid that endless knob twiddling to perfect a particular effect only to discover it gets lost onstage through lack of punch.
    No gig this weekend but I'm going to a new to me Jam on Tuesday (In Jaywick of all places) where I shall get a feel for the unit in the line of fire. All being well it will then go onstage at the big outdoor fest On the Saturday.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ESBlonde said:
    ESBlonde said:
    OK DHL have delivered a HX Effects to home, I can't wait to get home a fiddle with it.

Watch this space.

OK so a couple of hours playing about. Reading the online .pdf manual before helped, but it's not super intuitive without ( I use multiple pieces of software/PCs all day). That said a quick peek at the sundry online video guides the shops etc. have posted gets you into the power of it really quickly.
    I suspect it has far more power than I shall use on a typical gig, I'm going to try to avoid that endless knob twiddling to perfect a particular effect only to discover it gets lost onstage through lack of punch.
    No gig this weekend but I'm going to a new to me Jam on Tuesday (In Jaywick of all places) where I shall get a feel for the unit in the line of fire. All being well it will then go onstage at the big outdoor fest On the Saturday.

I managed to set up a fairly similar patch pretty quickly without the manual, but snapshots eluded me for a little while until I just did it through HX Edit which is a doddle. Almost. I through with snapshots you could have snapshot 1 with a delay with (as a simple example) a 300ms time, and snapshot 2 with the same delay but with a different time. Whenever I try, it keeps the same delay time, unless I add a second delay and change that. Perhaps that’s how it’s supposed to work....or maybe I’m just being dim!

Hope you’re enjoying yours @ESBlonde , I’m really loving mine so far
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13036
    @markslade07 ;

No, you can do that. 

If you select a snapshot, then *press* AND *turn* a parameter knob then it will only modify that parameter for that snapshot. So you can modify delay time etc just like you want. 

It's worth reading the manual section on snapshots, it's fairly clear. 

@markslade07 ;

No, you can do that. 

If you select a snapshot, then *press* AND *turn* a parameter knob then it will only modify that parameter for that snapshot. So you can modify delay time etc just like you want. 

It's worth reading the manual section on snapshots, it's fairly clear. 

Doh! Yes you are absolutely right...there is a small chance I didn’t bother to really read the manual! Thank you very much...I’ll give it a try in the morning! 
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13036
    If it makes you feel better i did exactly the same thing with my Stomp.

HX Edit has similar behaviour by the way, you have to tell it that you're editing the value in a snapshot only. 
    Ah ok, I was mostly using HX Edit as it seemed ‘easier’. Hopefully that will be me sorted ready for rehearsal tomorrow and gig next week! Much appreciated!
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 725

HX Edit has similar behaviour by the way, you have to tell it that you're editing the value in a snapshot only. 
    Had me stumped too. How do you do it in the editor then? 
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    brucegill said:

Right click > snapshot (scroll to the bottom)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 725
    simonk said:
    brucegill said:

Right click > snapshot (scroll to the bottom)
    Many thanks!!