Music vs Film - or the 'try before you buy' convention

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• FosterFoster Frets: 1100
    wave100 said:
    Also, in the old days, people were used to hearing music for free (on the radio) so I think that attitude has persisted.
    I'm sure we have the radio on at work. Maybe work lies in some sort of time wormhole? It does explain the mindset of some of my coworkers...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Thinking about this more, I see your point about people trying before they buy with music, but I'll happily buy any new release by a band I like blind (deaf?), and I imagine most people are the same.

The average director/writer/actor is going to make/be in more films than the average band release CDs, and obviously they all work in different combinations, so the try before you buy seems less relevant, as you've got a much better idea of what you're going to get than with a new band.
    Wis words ... but Michael Bay ;)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    Exactly my point, I see a new Bay film come out, I know not to see it.

I see a CD in a shop by a band I've never heard of, how do I know anything about it?
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Fretwired said:
    holnrew said:
    I download TV and films. I would pay money if I had it.
    So you think it's OK that artists don't get paid for their work?
    I don't feel good about it. But they wouldn't be getting any money from me either way.
    My V key is broken