Chance to win Fallout Cloud V2 for uber cheap

What's Hot
ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6327
edited June 2019 in Guitar tFB Trader
Hopefully people will appreciate this... A very talented and awesome guitarist George Collins has been accepted into Berklee to study and enhance his Already prodigious guitar craft.

As I’m too old and too crap a guitarist to have this opportunity myself , I wanted to support George in his goal to generate funds through Go Fund me. Anyway to that end I have donated a brand new ThorpyFx Fallout Cloud V2 to him and anyone who donates to his go fund me page (£5 min suggested donation) in the next month has the chance to be selected to receive this pedal.

Here is the link:

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    Awesome gesture!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10343
    Done
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4026
    Great gesture. But that kid needs to make his own path and stop copying John Mayer in guitars, style, fashion, hair cuts... And now education. 

He's defo talented, and I really hope he gets there. But if he keeps this up, he'll drop out, because that is what JM did. 
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4026
    Damnit. This is in classifieds. Sorry, ignore me, shouldn't derail 
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6327
    tFB Trader
    joeyowen said:
    Great gesture. But that kid needs to make his own path and stop copying John Mayer in guitars, style, fashion, hair cuts... And now education. 

He's defo talented, and I really hope he gets there. But if he keeps this up, he'll drop out, because that is what JM did. 
    Regardless of thread location.....he’s just turned 18. He’s clearly a fan of JM and when you are trying to find your way in life and your musical path, it is normal to emulate your heroes.

i am sure Berklee will be a formative experience..... hell its an achievement just getting in. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7338
    Good man
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 543
    Done. :) great gesture and nice to give someone a chance to achieve their potential. :D

Let me know when you need my address for the pedal! :lol:

• I've donated some money his way. I got into Berklee ten years ago but couldn't get the money together (no wonder when it's about £60k per year!) so I really hope he gets out there. Is he aiming for 2023? I'm sure by then his style and playing will have developed into something more his own but Mayer is not a bad place to start.

The only advice I can offer, and this is from people I met and friends I have from my brief time spent in Boston to attend scholarship auditions, is that the performance strand is highly competitive (as you would expect) and therefore much more challenging to secure a job afterwards whereas something like production or composing opens up other career prospects.

Best of luck to him, I'll be watching his instagram to see how he gets on.
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
    tFB Trader
    Just a reminder this competition is open to all and you’ll have a hand in creating one of the stars for tomorrow . 
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10343
    ThorpyFX said:
    Just a reminder this competition is open to all and you’ll have a hand in creating one of the stars for tomorrow . 
    The slider has hardly moved since I donated some dough.
    Have you posted this in guitar or off topic?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    tFB Trader
    ThorpyFX said:
    The slider has hardly moved since I donated some dough.
    Have you posted this in guitar or off topic?
    I think it was in the wrong section...... moved now 
    tFB Trader
    Great chance to win a FALLOUT CLOUD V2 for £5......