Anyone have any experience with the Joyo delays?

d8md8m Frets: 2434
I need(want) a delay pedal and in the past have gone through a number of different options ultimately always flipping them due to GAS guilt :)) and me not really using them as much as I thought I would.

I've been looking at getting either this:

or this:

as a means to combat my delay GAS but keep it in a guilt free budget.

I'm after something simple as I want to spend more time playing than tweaking pedal knobs(which is what I've ended up doing in the past.

does anyone have any experience using either of these units and can give feedback?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2460
    Got the first one. Pretty basic (i.e. not many features) but it sounds fine. It's sort of digital-but-analogue-voiced, so it's got a warmer type of tone. Not quite as warm as genuine analogue (probably), but warmer than digital delays that aren't pretending to be analogue.
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 376
    I used to happily own the silver one and agree with the comments above. Only really used it for short ambience (have another pedal for the long'uns) but did the job fine. Replaced it with a Carbon Copy which does sound great but in a typical live setting the difference is negligible. I'd happily have another one.
  • citizen68citizen68 Frets: 172
    Agree with what's said above - the digital one has nice analogue sounding repeats & is hard to fault for the price - here's a short demo I did a while back when I had one - level's a bit low but hopefully you get the jist of what it can do ;)
    Seemed like a good idea.....

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2460
    edited May 2014
    ^ LOL. Nice clip too. :)

I should add, I don't exactly tax delay pedals. I basically use them for a solo delay or pseudo-reverb. The Joyo one is basically long enough for me, in other words. But if you need longer delay times, or more features, or absolutely pristine repeats, maybe not. As I said above, it's basically a decent-sounding cheap delay with very few, if any, bells and whistles. "Does what it says on the tin" springs to mind... :))

I should also probably say, some people have been opening up Joyos (this is on another forum I'm on) and not being terribly impressed by the build quality. Mine have been fine (touch wood), but I think it's worth pointing that out, all the same.
  • I tried both and liked neither.

:(

I preferred the visual sound axle grease or Digitech digidelay. Both are cheap used and the digidelay will outlast you :)
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18304
    tFB Trader
    The Belcat is very good for a cheapy. 

Alternatively give Handsome Rik a shout, he often has some Deep Blue alikes which are very good.
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4155
    The joyo d-seed looks interesting, has 4 delay types, tap tempo, but is a bit more, around £50.
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    I got a cadine blue ocean, supposedly a deep blue delay clone, for £17. Its really nice, up there with a lot of more expensive delays I've tried.
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2371
    chrisj1602;235169" said:
    The joyo d-seed looks interesting, has 4 delay types, tap tempo, but is a bit more, around £50.
    quite tempted by this..