Convert headphone to guitar amp line in

What's Hot
DanielArDanielAr Frets: 0
edited November 2022 in Guitar
So i have the m-audio m-track 2x2 that has a headphone out on it, but if i feed this to my guitar amp it i can hear weird noises that sound like data. sonnerie guitare
it works fine with headphones but i want to feed it to my amp 
does anyone know how can i convert the signal so there is no noise?
sonnerie téléphone

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I’d try a noise gate pedal. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10967
    You need a cable that converts the stereo signal to mono and also some resistors to stimulate the load headphones would present, about 32 Ohms or so ...... at the moment you running a very low impedance output into a very high impedance input .

www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74388
    Danny1969 said:
    You need a cable that converts the stereo signal to mono and also some resistors to stimulate the load headphones would present, about 32 Ohms or so ...... at the moment you running a very low impedance output into a very high impedance input .
    The simplest way to do that is use a headphone splitter so you can leave the phones connected at the same time. You'll only get the left channel going to the amp though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• prowlaprowla Frets: 5101
    You could try a small mixer.
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 660
    Sounds like it might be an earth loop with your. PC. Unfortunately you can't just cut a USB ground wire to fix this, you need one of these (or similar)
    https://hifimediy.com/usb-isolator I bought one of their higher spec ones and it works a treat.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10967
    ICBM said:
    Danny1969 said:
    The simplest way to do that is use a headphone splitter so you can leave the phones connected at the same time. You'll only get the left channel going to the amp though.
    I did think of that but having done that before I found it really irritating ..... now I think back I could have just stuck a pillow over the headphones :~)

So that's the answer, headphone splitter into cans one split and amp the other, then put pillow over headphones so you only hear the amp 
    www.2020studios.co.uk