SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Fractal Audio ax8

What's Hot
Bit of a long shot but maybe someone is considering moving to something newer ;)
im looking to buy an ax8, cash waiting 

Dan
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• This guy is selling one on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/matt.gilmour.14
  • Appreciate the link, but it's not working and i think it would be best to send it in a private message :) 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Im selling one mate. £1100, in great condition with original box. 
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 621
    There's one on ebay with a buy it now/ best offer if you don't find one here.
  • Im selling one mate. £1100, in great condition with original box. 
    That’s too rich for me, the new FM3 will be here soon enough for that price with the newer amp modelling and ongoing development

• kennedydream1980kennedydream1980 Frets: 1167
    edited June 2019
    I paid £1000 for mine around 3 months ago which I felt was a fair price.

You have to factor in one of the Fractal foot controllers with the FM3 to make it gig worthy, which hikes the price up considerably. Which makes the AX8 a perfectly viable alternative, especially for around £1000.

• I paid £1000 for mine around 3 months ago which I felt was a fair price.

You have to factor in one of the Fractal foot controllers with the FM3 to make it gig worthy, which hikes the price up considerably. Which makes the AX8 a perfectly viable alternative, especially for around £1000.

No m8 not at all,
    Firstly it was £1023 brand new direct, how old is the ax8 ?
    its has the older amp modelling technology
    no warranty
    its a 3 year old unit, I wish my gear only dropped £23 in value over 3 years haha
    need to be more realistic, £1000 might be good value to you and that’s great but it’s not even close for me, I don’t need a gig ready product, so the FM3 will be just perfect for me, it’s fine, I’ll pay the same price and get the latest modelling, more power and a actively supported product.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7065
    edited June 2019
    I doubt the FM3 will be cheap in Europe I suspect it will be £1300 - the AX8 was way higher in gbp than usd due to taxes, import fees and a single supplier markup.

For comparison Axe FX III is 2249 usd direct in USA , but 2800 euros via G66 which is 2500 gbp.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I paid £1000 for mine around 3 months ago which I felt was a fair price.

No m8 not at all,
    Firstly it was £1023 brand new direct, how old is the ax8 ?
    its has the older amp modelling technology
    no warranty
    its a 3 year old unit, I wish my gear only dropped £23 in value over 3 years haha
    need to be more realistic, £1000 might be good value to you and that’s great but it’s not even close for me, I don’t need a gig ready product, so the FM3 will be just perfect for me, it’s fine, I’ll pay the same price and get the latest modelling, more power and a actively supported product.

The fact is the AX8 has held its value well. £1000 ish seems to be the going rate, something is only worth what people are willing to pay, and many have sold for around that price recently. I know this for a fact as I was looking for one for a good while. 

If it’s too pricey for you maybe wait to see what happens once the FM3 becomes available and starts shipping from G66. The price might drop on the AX8.

• grammargrammar Frets: 27
    Bit of a long shot but maybe someone is considering moving to something newer ;)
    im looking to buy an ax8, cash waiting 

Dan
    I have one I'm about to put up for sale. I'll probably try and get pictures tomorrow but pm me if interested