Imagine my surprise (man cave content)

What's Hot
svejksvejk Frets: 148

I took a road trip to drop off my cab to @goldtop at an industrial unit in Cambridge. I was imagining something ordinary, so imagine my surprise when I turn up and it's Barry of Ampmakers fame. He has a truly impressive man cave... My Genz Benz 4x12 actually looked small for the first time. I asked Barry why he wanted another 4x12, and he answered "I really like stereo." Great answer.

Looks a great business, and I enjoyed a happy half hour poking through amps and hearing about top secret projects. I will certainly be in touch if I ever get round to building an amp - my mate built an Ampmaker Champ and it was great. Thanks Barry for an unexpectedly brilliant coffee break!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Oh

My 

Word

He's a lovely chap, I never bought a kit :( :( but he was super helpful when I was enquiring.  I will get one, sometime :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • svejksvejk Frets: 148
    If I ever rent a unit for a business, it will look like this - whatever kind of business it is :).
  • FusionistaFusionista Frets: 184
    See he's still got his Guytron.  I've got two of his PP18's.
    "Nobody needs more than 20 strats." Mike Landau
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    One thing to post pics of your own mancave.... another thing to post pics of someone else's and attach a name to it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FusionistaFusionista Frets: 184
    edited May 2014
    Just re-doing mine at the moment, and cannot decide whether it's sensible to stack amps more than two cabs high, and what to do with the cases if I wallpaper the walls with  my guitars...

The other thing too is that having them all on show might present too great a temptation to some benighted toe-rag - sad to say.
    "Nobody needs more than 20 strats." Mike Landau
  • rauldukeraulduke Frets: 81
    Nice lunch break ;)

I've built two ampmaker kits and I could not recommend them more highly.

I wrote a short write up on the Se 5a on my blog: http://sj-effects.com/2012/10/12/ampmaker-se-5a/
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3646
    Barry is a lovely bloke with a real enthusiasm, indeed passion for what he does. Start a conversation about amps with him and expect to be late home for your tea.

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7406
    BAZZA!  - Does he have beer bottle goggles and a lank pony tail on a balding pate??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>