SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Ibanez GB-10 George Benson SOLD

Allan86Allan86 Frets: 2
edited June 2019 in Guitars £

1980 Ibanez George Benson Signature Model in sunburst finish. Early 22 fret, original example, made in the renowned Fujigen factory in Japan.

Very comfortable guitar to play, with its slimmer hollow body profile and fast playing neck. This is honestly the nicest playing archtop I have ever come across. Reluctantly selling as the sound is admittedly not quite my thing. Recently professionally set up with fret dressing included. Plays extremely well across the entire neck. Plenty height left on the frets.

Condition is very good for the age of the guitar. It does show some signs of use as expected for a guitar that is nearly 40 years old. There are some minor dents around the body of the guitar, but nothing significant. The hardware has some tarnishing which is cosmetic only. There is evidence of gassing around the heel, settled a long time ago. Binding on top of the pickguard also appears to have been a victim of gassing and has been removed at some point. Otherwise binding overall is in excellent condition compared to other examples. Please google gassing issues with Ibanez guitars for more info. It was an issue in every early GB-10 model I have seen. There's also some lacquer checking in the binding around the lower bout near the pots as pictured. No damage to the back of the neck or anything that affects playability.
I will post in a sturdy box with a high quality Blake guitar case. The case has never left my home since I bought it new so is mint condition with no signs of use. Please feel free to ask questions

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Allan86Allan86 Frets: 2
    edited June 2019

Excellent condition with minimal signs of use. It has only been played lightly over the years as it really looks fantastic for a 21 year old guitar. There are a few light dents, too small to picture on my phone camera, that can be seen on close inspection and do not go through the finish. There is also some minor tarnishing around the edges of the pickups from playing. The case is in very good condition with some minor cosmetic nics around the edges. This guitar would suit both keen musicians looking for their perfect archtop guitar, but is also in a condition desirable to collectors.

Playability is outstanding, typical of all Fujigen made guitars I have played. Very easy to play and would make a fantastic players guitar. Well set up with 11 gauge Daddario strings. Fretwear is minimal and I cannot find any dead spots on the neck. Only mod is the strap button which has been replaced with Schaller strap locks. The strap button was relocated previously from the front of the heel. The hole has been very neatly filled profesionally by what I believe is a fingerboard dot marker.

• SteveFSteveF Frets: 543
    Nice guitar - think it's in the wrong section though mate - should be in Guitars£ in the classifieds. 
    Thank you for keeping me right SteveF. I have changed it now. Not really used to forums so just trying to figure my way around!
    Allan86 said:
    Thank you for keeping me right SteveF. I have changed it now. Not really used to forums so just trying to figure my way around!
    No probs - although since you've moved it, the embedded video seems to have stopped working.  I think it's a foible of the forum - I'd edit the post, delete the video and repost it. 
    Probably for your own good that you can't hear my playing ;). I think I have sorted it now. Thanks again.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sounds like jazz to me! 
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5916
    You need Pics, mate!
    Hello,
    Yeh was not sure how to put pics up when I put the ad up. There's plenty pics on the Ebay listing which is really what I was drawing attention to before the Ebay voucher code runs out at midnight tonight. Once that is over ill put a bit more effort into making the posting look nice (unless I make a sale!). I am uploading a video of me playing a few notes so ill post that up shortly.