1x12 cab wide enough for a smallbox plexi?

2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    +1 to what ICBM said about the JTM cab, I use my small box plexi with one of those cabs. Both are pretty much the same width, and don't take up much more floor space than my Laney VC30 1x12 combo, they are more compact than the standard Marshall (1936?) 2x12 though. Think it's made of chipboard rather than MDF though, so very light and easily carried.
    Definitely MDF in the ones I've seen. You wouldn't want chipboard that thin, it would be too fragile - MDF is quite a bit stronger. Probably not worth worrying about though, they're both fairly toneless! Although I think the major problem with those cabs is the muddy-sounding 'Heritage' speakers - which are nothing to do with the current Heritage series, they're actually based on the old G12M-70 I think, which was never one of Celestion's good speakers. Not an issue for Monstronaut though, if he has his own. I bet you can sell those 'Heritage' ones for good money just because of the name, too.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom